Sign in to follow this  
pow0011

-600 -700 VR Problem

OK,This is all in LBS:YBBN-YMML: 774NMPassengers: 96Baggage: 2880LB Split evenly into the FWD and AFT compartmentFuel: 16000LBTrim: 5.03Flaps: 1RWY Length: 11680ftHead Wind: 14ktTakeoff Setting: TO2De rate: NoneV1: 121VR: 124V2: 130
I presume you are getting those V speeds from Topcat?I have found when I select TO2 Derate, the FMC will give me a "V speeds not available" message.Is the V speed info accurate from whatever source you are using?Just noticed you are using Flaps1... Your V speeds seem very low for flaps1. I use Flaps 15.

Only the takeoff thrusts I get from TOPCAT, I let the FMC do my V-Speeds. I've also tried similar settings with flaps 5 as well.BTW TOPCAT calculated that I should have about 7000ft remaining, I end up going far beyond that.

I will try soon.You can help the plane by loading baggage on the aft cargo only, crew baggage on the fwd cargo only.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Only the takeoff thrusts I get from TOPCAT, I let the FMC do my V-Speeds. I've also tried similar settings with flaps 5 as well.
When I tried to use TO2 yesterday, I got a "V Speeds not available" message.Did you get that message?I presumed there was no automatic calculation of V Speeds with TO2.Although I may have made an error somewhere.

With your settings and -600 model I have a GW of 116000lbs (with your weights), and a trim of 6.71 units (given by clicking on FMC trim setting), flaps one speeds: 120 121 127. I had no problem at take off.PS: Single class configuration.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Still no luck. I emptied the -600 of everything besides some fuel to take me from EDDF to EHAM. I will do a reinstall and see what happens.

I think it's a TOPCAT problem, try to use UTOPIA software.I have expected similar problems on 737-800NGX, after putting calculated values I just got message from FMC "Unable to calculate V-Speeds".Also, please refer to another sources, like documentation, not only TOPCAT.

I presume you are getting those V speeds from Topcat?I have found when I select TO2 Derate, the FMC will give me a "V speeds not available" message.Is the V speed info accurate from whatever source you are using?Just noticed you are using Flaps1... Your V speeds seem very low for flaps1. I use Flaps 15.
Wow, that's overkill. Flap 15 is very rarely required. At the airport I used to live by (ENML), they had 1600m (5200ft) of runway length untill a couple of years ago, which is quite short. Mainly trafficed by 737's, I never saw flap 15, even with the -800. Flap 1 was even used with the -600 and -700, and that was with 70/80 pax the least.On Topic: What's your CG? And if you're using external Vspeeds, please x-check them with the takeoff ref page. Also, do a quick visual check that your elevators are fully functional (spot view) before you start your take-off roll. This sounds more like an user error than a software failure in my opinion, no offence intended.

For those who want to not use topcat, FMC will give you weights, speeds and CG (and trim setting).I think you must ceck topcat values related to the pmdg one.On the PERF INIT page just select the zero fuel weight pushing its SLK, PMDG will tell you the actual ZFW. I'm pretty sure it will be different than the topcat one.Then, on the take off page, you will have CG and trim settings by pushing it SLK.Compare with topcat.With your same data my FMC gave a very different trim setting and different speeds.As far as can I see pmdg changes ZFW depending on the cabin/cockpit configuration.Does topcat take this in the count?

Regards

Andrea Daviero