Sign in to follow this  
pow0011

-600 -700 VR Problem

The takeoff in Frankfurt, I didn't use any derates what so ever. It was set to TO with no derates with flaps 5. Now I'm not using TOPCAT because I'm just trying to get of the ground with a full power takeoff which doesn't seem to be happening.Like I said, I emptied the -600 except for necessary fuel between EDDF and EHAM, and did a full power takeoff on 07R. By the time I lift off I'm almost at the flaps 1 point. I doubt that's right?

Also, do a quick visual check that your elevators are fully functional (spot view) before you start your take-off roll.
Yes, that was one of the first suspects, but their working fine.

The takeoff in Frankfurt, I didn't use any derates what so ever. It was set to TO with no derates with flaps 5. Now I'm not using TOPCAT because I'm just trying to get of the ground with a full power takeoff which doesn't seem to be happening.
Do you use any controls?, if so try to disconnect them, and play with the keyboard, maybe you have a problem with the controls,Daniel

Something is not right here. Although you do need a little extra pull to get the -600 and -700 rotated, I've certainly never encountered an inability to rotate at all.So, the likely cuplrits are trim, weight & balance, or a hardware issue.When you check your flight controls before taxi, do the flight controls move through the full range? (use the SYS page display to check this).Assuming they do, then I would try a few flights without using TOPCAT at all, taking your calculations from the FMC, no derate, and see if the problem still occurs.Another thing to look at is your payload screen. Is your baggage loaded evenly between the fore and aft holds?Unless I'm mistaken, TOPCAT only has a data file for the -800 which is a different beast. The numbers TOPCAT produces work well with the NGX-800, but I wouldn't advise using those calulations for the other models.As a rule of thumb, I use flap 5 for takeoff, this results in a trim setting of roughly 4.7-5.5 units ANU at loads I typically fly.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi Mark,

When you check your flight controls before taxi, do the flight controls move through the full range? (use the SYS page display to check this).
Yep, I do that along with doing a visual check on the controls.
Assuming they do, then I would try a few flights without using TOPCAT at all, taking your calculations from the FMC, no derate, and see if the problem still occurs.
Yep, I have been doing that the last couple of times
Another thing to look at is your payload screen. Is your baggage loaded evenly between the fore and aft holds?
I always split the baggage evenly between the holds.
Unless I'm mistaken, TOPCAT only has a data file for the -800 which is a different beast. The numbers TOPCAT produces work well with the NGX-800, but I wouldn't advise using those calulations for the other models.
It has a -700 PMDG Mixed Class Configuration, I use this for both the -600/700 but don't become to dependent on it with the -600.

Assuming that all is correct, try to uninstall/reinstall the 6/700 or the entire packages 6 to 900.If your plane wont take off there is something strange.As another try before uninstalling, put trim to nose up over the green band, do a full power TO and see what happens.Check visually the stabilizer position from external view to see if it is correctly set to a great nose up setting.Load all passengers in the economy class (this will remove weight from the fwd section) and load all baggage to te aft cargo (as it is on real)If the aircraft is still unable to fly, uninstall.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

If you're using TOPCAT you can enter the ZFW in the payload screen, that way the NGX takes care of distributing the load it self

I noticed that I needed extra pull on the 600 too.I usually use flaps 5 or 10 and let the NGX FMC do all the workMake sure that you add 20 kts to the one shown in the take off value in the PFD.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I always fly the -600 and never have any problems... I use it more since I love doing short hops ... I just did a PANC-KLAX fully loaded PAX 2 class, Cargo full capacity and 62% fuel with 5 reserve and my VR was 130 flaps was 5.63 I believe and took off normally... no problems..Carlitos Colon