Sign in to follow this  
lonewulf

Unable to upgrade higher than 1.03

Folks,I have reported the problem already in the NGX thread however I think it's best to start the whole inquiry as a new support item.Due to the fact that after applying the V1.0b5 and up nothing worked anymore I decided to start up with a basic LINDA setting. Here's what I have done:I cleaned everything up (including removing all LINDA items from FSUIPC.INI) and made a fresh install with LINDA V1.03. After that everything worked well. Whenever I apply one of the patches for the NGX (last attempt done with v1.0b6) the system is NOT working at all as there is that initialization error popping up at the monitor page:"[E] *** LUA Error: ...oft Flight Simulator X\Modules\linda/system/init.lua:53: attempt to concatenate a nil value"Here are my system specs (nothing really exotic that might have an influence as far as I think):ASUS P8Z68V PROIntel Core i7 2600k 3.4 GHz8 GB DDR3 RAM 1.6 GHz1 x 120 GB SSD OCZ Vertex1 x 480 GB SSD OCZ Ibis2 x 1 TB HD1 x Gainward GTX 580 3072 MB GDDR 5, latest drivers 285.62Power Supply 1200 W low noiseWindows 7 Professional 64 Bit1 x HDTV 46", 1920 x 10801 x Acer 23", 1920 x 1080 TouchscreenNow up to you. I would of course like to fly the NGX again with full LINDA support but at this time it's simply impossible as I have to work with V1.03 solely.Oskar

Oskar, dont't do anything else right now, just show the contents of your FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/system/config-vri.lua file.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Ok, here it is (that's the one that I'm using right now after reinstalling V1.03 and just modifying a few aircraft settings):VRI["ENABLED"]=1VRI["DEBUG"]=1VRI["COMPORT"]=3Oskar

Aha, that's it.It should look like this:VRI["ENABLED"]=1VRI["TYPE"]=1VRI["DEBUG"]=1VRI["COMPORT"]=3 ...one line is missing in your file.You can add it manually or open LINDA GUI, switch to "Setup MCP Combo" page, choose MCP type 2 and press "Save", and them back to MCP type 1 and save it again.The problem is that most of others were upgrading from LINDA 1.03 to LINDA v1.1b first (with appropriate instructions) and then to v1.1b5. And you're trying to jump directly from 1.03 to 1.1b5.There will be no such problems when LINDA v1.1 will be released as full package.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Well yes, I upgraded directly to 1.1b5 and then to 1.1b6, but both of them not working. I will try your suggestion later this evening and report.

Well, manually updating didn't cure anything. The same error message is created again. I have to go back to original 1.03 again. Maybe this time I will update incrementally. I have downloaded a few updates. However it is not really easy to keep the oversight if your'e not following the thread on a daily basis. I will use v1.03 as the basis and then use v1.1b, v1.1b4, V1.1b5 and v1.1b6. Maybe that helps. Is it necessary to run the application each time after updating it (maybe it needs to write a few parameters)??Oskar

LINDA 1.03 - 1.1b - 1.1b6 - should be enough.Instructions on 1.1b upgrade: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/346315-linda-for-vrinsight-mcp-combo-2/page__view__findpost__p__2095617

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hi Artem,Thanks, that did the trick Praying.gif . Everything works flawlessly now. There's however one thing that still puzzles me. When I look at the "summary" page I see quite a few entries that are supernumerary - to say the least.grab_000.jpgIf you look at the screengrab you will note 4 entries for the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - however I do only have 1 - honestly LOL.gif . All other entries acre correct. Is there any necessity/possibility to correct that?

grab_000.jpgIf you look at the screengrab you will note 4 entries for the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals - however I do only have 1 - honestly LOL.gif . All other entries acre correct. Is there any necessity/possibility to correct that?
How fast does LINDA start on your system? Is it noticeable slower on startup than LINDA 1.03?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Nope. It starts instantly - so to speak. There's no noticeable delay and besides this oddity no abnormal behaviour. I must say that I observed this each time I upgraded to 1.1b6 during my "odyssee" so my first thought about all the problems was about those entries. However now everything is perfect - just these odd entries.Oskar

I had similar 'freak' HID's appear (and "a nil value")somwhere LInda sort of 'indexes' or 'recompiles' some setup data? or makes setup read/write errors?it disappears with me after a proper shutdown/restart of my computer, or when i copy a fresh 'action.lua' (or whatever i do)so perhaps there should be something like a CRC check when Linda writes its own setup data(and when it is in some unknow state, that prevents proper writes?)2cts

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

I have the same problem as posted here. When starting Linda the log contains:[E] *** LUA Error: ...oft Flight Simulator XModuleslinda/system/init.lua:53: attempt to concatenate a nil valueI tried to upgrade to 1.1b then to 1.1b6 but it didn't help.The config-wri.lua file contains the 4 lines as described by Artem above, so I have no idea what to try next...Specifically the post telling about how to upgrade to 1.1b says the following:

• Navigate to MCP Combo assignments page and switch to USER (rightmost) block - here you should see a little change. In the middle assignments column there should be the DME/CRS knob block with assigned actions"NGX AP CRS LR inc/incfast/dec..." and so on. If assignments are there, then you're done and ready to go (otherwise sth is wrong)

I do not see any assignments to DME/CRS knob (this section is greyed out), so apparently something is wrong, but what?Does the NGX module work with 1.03 or is it necessary that I upgrade Linda first? When do you expect to release the next full version consisting of all the files? Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Please wait a couple of days - the final version of LINDA v1.1 will be released.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL