Sign in to follow this  
Akila

Enhance your NGX Touchdown sound effect! - Download

if any one interested I have a real touchdown sound of a 738 I Extracted & edited from a "Just Planes" DVD I own to match the NGX requirement and volume.for me personal the PMDG touchdown sound's more like a newspaper printing machine then touchdown shaking (I heard many 738 touchdown sounds from the cockpit), that is why I used the real 737NG recording I Extracted/Edited.if you like you could grab a copy of it at the following Link:http://www.multiupload.com/YW9RGFXSBMin the ZIP file there are 3 WAV files1. PMDG_737_Touchdown.org - this is the PMDG Original sound file (for Backup).2. PMDG_737_Touchdown.wav - the Original touchdown at the cockpit without the pilot chair cranking (I removed that part).3. PMDG_737_Touchdown2.wav - the Original touchdown at the cockpit with the pilot chair cranking as of the NG Original Video.you Pick which one suits you the best.NOTE: if you play the files in Media player it would sound louder then normal, that is how it should be as I tweaked the Amplifier of the sound to match the 50%Sound settings recommended by PMDG.in the SIM it would sound just as it should and the sound changes (the sound density and volume) based on how smooth or harsh you touchdown.How to Install:Just copy either PMDG_737_Touchdown.wav or PMDG_737_Touchdown2.wav, (which ever one you prefer) to:Microsoft Flight Simulator XSoundPMDG737NGXVarious overwriting the existing file (don't forget to back up the Original file 1st)That's it. your set.If you ever want to revert back to the old/original sounds, use the Backup file you saved earlier or use "PMDG_737_Touchdown.org" I added to the zip file by renaming it to "PMDG_737_Touchdown.wav"and coping it to the aforementioned folder replacing the existing file there.let me know if you like it or not and I will make some adjustments to it.I want to express my thanks and Credit to "Just Planes" that allowed me to share this with you all, they got amazing Video Product of real flights that would definitely enrichyour aviation knowledge. you can visit their Web site at:http://worldairroutes.com/here is the official Just Plane Consent.

From: Just Planes [mailto:jpvideos@justplanes.com]Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2011 04:33 PMTo: Yoel StrikovskySubject: Re: Usage QuestionHello Yoel,That sounds very interesting and yes, you are welcome to use the sound and make it available to others.If you could possibly put the worldairroutes.com website as the credit that would be great.Thanks very much for asking and good luck with this great idea!michelOn Nov 2, 2011, at 6:58, Yoel Strikovsky wrote:> Hi there,> I purchased a DVD product "GOL Transportes Aereos" (DVD Code: GOL1) ages ago.> I am very happy with the product and looking forward expanding the selection in the future.> However that is not why I am contacting you about.>> As part of interested in Civil aviation I am also very into Flight Simulation and involved with the Flight simulation> Community.> Recently there was a very big FS product release by a company under the name of "precisionmanuals" (PMDG), the software is a very realistic> 737-800/900 Simulation that is integrated with the popular Flight simulation software by Microsoft among the Simmers community.> They also worked very hard on making the sound of each component to match realism of a 737NG.> As realistic as it is there are some aspects that are missing, the two things that I am focusing on are the Touchdown/landing sound & rolling> on the tarmac/RW sound.>> I found a way of replacing the existing sound with a custom made WAV sound file(s) to replace the built in ones.>> Here is where you come into the equation.> I managed to extract from one of the flights in the GOL DVD the touchdown sound effect (it's about 3 seconds of the touchdown cockpit shaking sound)> and I tested it in the FSX and it works great.>> I would like to get your consent on extracting the 3 seconds Shaking sound and use it for the PMDG simulation and sharing that 3 Sec' file> With the community of the PMDG forum at avsim.net.>> 1. The sound file would be totally free.> 2. In the forum Post I will note that the original file is extracted from "Just Planes/ World Air Routes" product I own (Publicity of the Product).> I would appreciate if you could approve the aforementioned action.
P.S. I am now working on the Front wheel touchdown and roll sounds, which unfortunately at this point the NGX uses the defaultFSX sounds. once I am done locating those FSX default sound files location and name I can test it, tweak it to match the 50% sound settings and I'll post it for you all.it would be a great help if someone would help me locate the FSX files used by NGX for Front wheel touchdown sound and high speed rolling, i.e. at take off RW run and/or Landing RW run.

Hey, can you send a new link or something? because I clicked on it and it said "not available in your geographical are" PLEASE HELP!!!

Download links are not working!!!! Pleasereupload all of them. Pleaaaaaase.Thx a lot.Kind regards, Tom

All the links posted about this are dead or they redirect me to an iLivid download (Talking about all the files (REV,Nose gear, Touchdown. etc..) If anyone could re-upload them I would be very grateful and so would many else.

It's indeed very sad that Steve has deceased :(  and I think that his work should remain available to the community.

+100.  Been tying to get this since before Steve's passing.  It's too bad that his fine work passed on with him.

+1000!!!

I had to re-install everything and lost Steve's sound set.

Can someone Pleeeeaaaase post a link to it. 

Martin.

Martin Stacey.

Hi Guys

The download link is no longer active :(

Can anyone send me this file?

Thank you

Andrew

I have just read the two posts above mine. I am sorry if my above post sounded insensitive; I had no idea until just now the OP had passed away :(

An apology to anyone who may be offended - sorry guys.

When you go to the hotlink that Steve kept his file at, this is what you get.  The poster doesn't understand the link, and the link doesn't work...  BTW, I doubt your post offended anyone, but the sentiment was appreciated.

500 posts, woo hoo!

When you go to the hotlink that Steve kept his file at, this is what you get. The poster doesn't understand the link, and the link doesn't work... BTW, I doubt your post offended anyone, but the sentiment was appreciated.

500 posts, woo hoo!

Gotcha ;)

Thank you for the explanation :)

Anybody who would like a copy of the late Steve Inwood's sound enhancement, please send me a PM.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.