Sign in to follow this  
macwino

EZCA navigation keys disengage autopilot

I've had this problem since day 1 - August 5 - and it remains with SP1 so I thought I'd post and see if anyone else has encountered this problem. It happens only with the 737.I use the default keys for navigating within a view in EZCA: the four arrow keys and the page up and page down keys. When in flight under AP control, if I use any of these keys to move my view it disengages the AP. These keys are not assigned to any actions in the 737 setup. Nor are there any assignments for these keys in the FSX controller settings. I use fsuipc, but there are no assignments for these keys within fsuipc either.Does anyone else experience this or have any thoughts about what might be causing this?Thanks,Robert Chartoff

The 4 arrow keys also control the elevator/aileron movement. Therefore when you use them it is the same as moving the yoke. Disable them in the default FS key mappings and will not have that problem any more.

Answer is simple. Either remap the EZCA key or remap the FSX/NGX keys that are being used that are the same. You can't as you have found out have both.

Mike, thanks for pointing me in the right direction for resolving this issue, which I did before seeing the later posts. As it turned out, it was really only the Page Up and Right Arrow keys that were disengaging the AP. And these are mapped in FSX to the Elevator Trim Up and Down commands that I was using - Num 6 and Num 9. But these arrow and page key mappings are not displayed in the FSX interface when you scroll the various commands. And I was otherwise unaware of them. So I had no way of knowing that these keys, as well as my assigned Num 6 and Num 9 keys, controlled the elevator trim. I deleted the Num 6 and Num 9 key commands and all works fine now. I'll have to come up with some other keys to use for controlling the elevator trim. I'd never encountered this problem with any other plane and was at a loss to understand what was happening. Thanks again to all who responded.Robert Chartoff

HA, that remind me of a flight I had recently where in cruise I Ezkaed into the back of the cabin and decided to walk around. The ap disconnected and I did not hear the alarm. The aircraft pitched over into a 60 degree dive and by the time I was able to get back to the cockpit I had lost 6000 feet and was doing 450 knots! Way into the red. I did a 3 g pullout and lost about 10,000 feet. Radar Contact violated me for that as well!