Sign in to follow this  
wjbwjb29

Vref bug on PFD

Hello;On the PMDG 737NG there is supposed to be a Vref bug that shows up on the PFD to tell what to set your Vref speed to upon approach. I dont see it on the PFD. I am following the Advanced Pmdg Tutorial. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.Bill

Do the init performanceindexapproach sequence and fill in the required information including your assigned runway. I always update it about 80 nm out to allow for dynamic changes in weather and at 40 nm out when the runway is assigned.The Vref for each flap setting should be shown as you progress flaps on the left side of the speed tape.

Estimated wjbwjb29 in the Aircraft Operation Manual & Flight Management Computer Handbook search for Manual Flight Techniques 10-8 under subtitle Approach Speedsit's which you search.Happy Landings.

I forgot to mention that another reason to do approach Vref speeds not too far out is the weight change due to fuel burn off.