Sign in to follow this  
Gramps ZA

Has anyone got some exciting flight plans to share?

ENGM-EIDW is quite nice, some interesting default scenery over Norway before the coast.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

It is 800 approbed to operate in EGLC? If yes i'll try it.Anyone can share a flight plan?Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk
AnyoneEnviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

For FrancescoZ... the problem with MGA VOR is the VOR type; in this case MGA is VOR class "T" (Terminal VOR), for this reason the signal is weak, and for flights over 10000ft - 12000 ft and 30 NM out, you lost the signal.

try the following airports:FunchalGenoaGibralterNiceand finally for the real pilot: Wellington New Zealan!they have quite interesting approaches

Lovely thread! keep posting!, KPDX is also great to fly into when you're approaching RWY28L/R, try flying it with default atc, the scenery is amazing

Great thread so I will put mt 2 cents in... fly to the most Extreme airports in the world,according to the History Channels Most Extreme Airports List is as follows;10. KSAN - San Diego, CA - Congested airspace, busy single-runway airport - however, no mention of the 3 busy GA airports or 2 Naval Air Stations nearby - just talked about airline traffic to/from KSAN9. LPMA - Madeira, Portugal - Location on island, wind conditions, runway built out into ocean on stilts.8. KEGE - Vail, CO - Altitude and approach/departure through terrain7. LFLJ - Courchevel, France - Altitude, approach through valleys, short runway with an 18.5% grade6. VHHH - Hong Kong Kai Tak - Approach between tall buildings, make sharp turn to final at 300ft AGL5. LXGB - Gibraltar - Spain won't allow departures/arrivals through their airspace, so makes the approach/departure pretty interesting, highway goes across runway4. TNCM - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - Short-ish runway, high terrain on departure end, proximity to beach on approach end, crazy people "riding the fence" when heavies power up to take off (I want to try that!)3. TFFJ - St. Barth's - Short, downhill runway, slam-dunk approach over a hill with automotive traffic at the top2. MHTG - Tegucigalpa, Honduras - High altitude, short runway, approach through surrounding terrain1. VNLK - Lukla, Nepal - High Altitude, 1700ft. runway with 12% gradeFor scenery I most often check out this list http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.php. But if you can find a good scenery package it makes them much better! Avsim has tons! travel to all 10 of the airports on the list in any order you feel will get you there safely.Quite the challenge

http://flightaware.c...tics/ifr-route/You might need to make a acount but its freeIf you do, make a acount and go to the home page. Then click on pilot resorces. Two tabs will come up but dont click on them. Just hit pilot resorces again and scroll down to recently used ifr routes.Type in the airport and you get real routesRobert Shedd
Seems to show US only?
Great thread so I will put mt 2 cents in... fly to the most Extreme airports in the world,according to the History Channels Most Extreme Airports List is as follows;10. KSAN - San Diego, CA - Congested airspace, busy single-runway airport - however, no mention of the 3 busy GA airports or 2 Naval Air Stations nearby - just talked about airline traffic to/from KSAN9. LPMA - Madeira, Portugal - Location on island, wind conditions, runway built out into ocean on stilts.8. KEGE - Vail, CO - Altitude and approach/departure through terrain7. LFLJ - Courchevel, France - Altitude, approach through valleys, short runway with an 18.5% grade6. VHHH - Hong Kong Kai Tak - Approach between tall buildings, make sharp turn to final at 300ft AGL5. LXGB - Gibraltar - Spain won't allow departures/arrivals through their airspace, so makes the approach/departure pretty interesting, highway goes across runway4. TNCM - St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - Short-ish runway, high terrain on departure end, proximity to beach on approach end, crazy people "riding the fence" when heavies power up to take off (I want to try that!)3. TFFJ - St. Barth's - Short, downhill runway, slam-dunk approach over a hill with automotive traffic at the top2. MHTG - Tegucigalpa, Honduras - High altitude, short runway, approach through surrounding terrain1. VNLK - Lukla, Nepal - High Altitude, 1700ft. runway with 12% gradeFor scenery I most often check out this list http://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.php. But if you can find a good scenery package it makes them much better! Avsim has tons!travel to all 10 of the airports on the list in any order you feel will get you there safely.Quite the challenge
What do you do with the weather??

For FrancescoZ... the problem with MGA VOR is the VOR type; in this case MGA is VOR class "T" (Terminal VOR), for this reason the signal is weak, and for flights over 10000ft - 12000 ft and 30 NM out, you lost the signal.
thank you Israel, didn't know this is simulated in FSX smile.pngFrancescoZ

NG 737-600 "aficionados" try the following FPL, the route is short but the arrival is really challenging :Sion (1580ft) to Lugano (914ft)IFR route FL 250 : LSGS ROCCA M135 TOP LSZAroute distance 247NMSID 25 ROCC1J rwy 25 6600*130 ft asphaltSTAR 01 TOP5L rwy 01 4400*100 ft asphaltAPCH IGS 111.5/017° 6000 ft SLOPE 6.7° Vasi PAPI4check your Vz = f(slope,GS)fuel & payload at your own conveniencesuggestion : make your flight in real wx conditions and set FSX at sunrise to enjoy the beauty of the Alps in the early morning

Correction:

4. TNCM - St. Maarten, St. Maarten - Short-ish runway, high terrain on departure end, proximity to beach on approach end, crazy people "riding the fence" when heavies power up to take off (I want to try that!)
Sint Maarten, Aruba, Curacao, and the Carribean Netherlands are now constituent countries. ;)