Sign in to follow this  
major_wales

Resetting the FMC

HiIs it possible to completely reset the FMC in the 737 ngx? Because if you really mess up a flightplan, it is often quicker to start again from scratch than deleting all the different waypoints etc.

Yes !!Just enter your Departure airport again !Fred.

Fast shortcut for that is to just click the RTE page ORIGIN LSK twice real fast - first click copies it to the scratchpad and the second puts it back in, resetting the route.

• Upvote 1

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

2 minutes ago, anthonyg96 said:

Ohh wow I never knew that thx does it work for the 777 also?

This thread is 6 years and a month old.

...and yes.

Kyle Rodgers

Does anyone remember back a few years ago there was a step by step guild book on the FMC with detailed illustrations written by an airline pilot? I used it back in my Microsoft Flight Simulator days and it was quite useful and looked thru some old boxes hoping to find it. I've moved twice since then and it must have gotten lost. I  would sure like to get another one if it's still around or if anyone knows of one like it available now. I could sure use it as I work on mastering the 737NGX FMC.

Thanks

John Swanson 

12 minutes ago, Swanrunner said:

Does anyone remember back a few years ago there was a step by step guild book on the FMC with detailed illustrations written by an airline pilot?

Probably thinking of the old Mike Ray book(s)?

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, yes it was Mike Ray. I seem to remember he had one dedicated specifically to the 737 FMC but I can't find it. Anyone used the Big  Boeing FMC manual?

John Swanson 

18 hours ago, Swanrunner said:

Anyone used the Big  Boeing FMC manual?

It's the only reference I've used... everything you need is there as far as preflight, enroute and arrivals.  It helps to become familiar with what is in there and about where it is found.  It is also helpful to understand the basics of flight planning, airspace and route structures.

Dan Downs KCRP