Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluepilot76

No Vref

OK time for me to put on the dunces cap again.Tried a search but no joy.One of the changes I notice with SP1 is a change to the Vspeeds annotation on the ASI strip. Now, when I have set up the FMC ready for takeoff, the Vspeeds do not appear on the speed strip. The V speeds knob is set to auto. I thought it should show the V speeds displayed in the FMC?I see that I can manually insert the V speeds with the knob, but why cannot I not get the FMC values copied across automatically ?oh dear I see my title might be a bit misleading...RTaylorPMDG 737-800NGX

Have you executed the Perf INIT page ?The Speed Reference Selector knob would only be used if the FMC has failed.Fred.

Frederic Steiner.

B7382.jpg

And just to add, are you confirming the V-Speeds (if not manually entering into FMC)RegardsCarl Beeby

Carl Beeby

Yes I think I am doing everything the same that I did pre SP1, where I never had any problems, but I will double check later.Yes I am confirming the V speeds, if you mean selecting the button to the side that copies it across from the QRH column to the active column.Also something similar happening on landing, I select the Vref for F30, hit it twice so it shoes near the bottom row, but it doesnt go up to my tape.Since it seems that it should be working automatically as I expected, I will go through it again ultra carefully and see if I'm missing something,,Is there an option in the FMC PMDG menu that I might have changed? I had a little root about in there before my first SP1 flight and maybe I knackkered something.

OK tried again last night, everything went perfectly. I have only had a few flights since SP1 came out so I just assumed something must have changed in the way you preflight the cockpit, when in fact I must have been screwing up the perf init somehow. Thanks for your help and patience!CheersRTaylor

HiI"m a new-by , but after SP1 and following Tom Risager's manual step by step , i do not get any calculated Vref from the FMC. i can put them manually but no automatic calculationI attached the screen shots of all relevant FNC screens,. Need your help , Please***** I found i did not select TO RW ***** OK now