Sign in to follow this  
MrKen

285.62 and surround warning

I know this isn't pmdg related, but like me there are probably a lot of other forum users who very rarely visit any of the other fora.Just a quick heads up in case anyone else runs into this problem.If youre using nvdivia surround to span your vc across 3 monitors you may have problems with the 285.62 driver no longer supporting your normal resolution and basically stretching everything 50% horizontally. When activating surround it drops the resolution of the first monitor (which causes the others to mirror it) and leaves you with 32x9 ratios instead of the expected 48x9. (or x10 if you have that size)Reverting back to 275.33 (my previous driver version) instantly fixed the issue for me and restored my 5996x1080 bezel-corrected resolution.Edit: I've not tried any other drivers yet.Edit2: To the mods, if this topic is unwanted please delete it instead of moving. I've also posted in the hardware section already.

Hmm, have you tried just using a second video card? I recently acquired an additional 8400GS to accompany my GTX 470, and it ended up working out really well.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

If I drop a video card I lose either the 5996x1080 vc or my 4th monitor.Upgrading the driver isn't worth losing either of those

Ah, I gotcha. Have you considered TripleHead2Go? Yes, I do see what you are saying though. TripleHead2Go will split your FSX, and you can then have a fourth monitor connected too. Just be careful of GPU temps, newer NVidia cards tend to start to cook with several monitors connected.

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

I'm happy with my system as it is. No need to buy additional hardware just so I can use a 28x.xx driver, 275.33 works well enough already.