Sign in to follow this  
Skysurfer7

How to feather the prop?

HiHow do I feather the prop in the Baron? the prop lever doesn't want to go all the way back to the "red" feather position?Thanx

How are you moving the lever?..If through a control such as a throttle quadrant, try increasing the sensativity in control options.If you useing the mouse then im not sure.

Guest bstolle

Almost all default planes (and add ons) stop at the minimum prop pitch position (0%) to prevent unintentional feathering.You need to use the key (or assign a key) to 'reduce prop pitch' to make the prop actually go into feather.

Ok thanx bstolle :-)Just tried this, I assigned a keyboard button for propeller feather in the controls menu, but nothing is happening?Am I doing something wrong? I have my axis assigned (aileron,rudder, elevator,throttle) via fsuipc, could this interfere?

Try holding Ctrl+Shift+F2 or Ctrl+F2 (one is for the propellor and the other is for mixture, can't remember which is which).

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Guest bstolle

Just for testing switch the toolt ips to ON. Hover over the proplever and check if it says 0% or feathered. (with the throttle at idle) the correct key is 'decrease rpm'

If you ever decide to use FSUIPC to set a button for this, I believe the action is called "Prop pitch decr" in the action listing.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato