Sign in to follow this  
strider1

XP-11 ?

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/31560308?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/31560308">Outerra Beta Video</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1279567">Richard Vaucher</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Impressive. Those guys have been going for years, I do hope they find a practical use for it, I like the idea

I saw this earlier tonight on their site. Absolutely stunning visuals. I am looking forward to the release of whatever they put together for the upcoming game, which they still have not figured out yet what it will be. The outerra game engine, sure does hold a lot of promise.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Great video thanks for posting.I always thought Outerra was impressive and have followed their blog for a while. Interestingly both X-plane and Outerra use OpenGL as the basis of their software. Let's get X-plane 10 out the door first though LOL! I'm still trying to search for news about it from FSweekend.

Honestly i would pay 30 dollars even if they released it with one region and one accurate GA plane. I found the visuals simply stunning.

Their coding is a paradim shift and once it will be applied in the Flight sim community, it will blow away whatever legacy still remains.Minos

Nice scenery !!Pity about that awful plane blocking the view.
The plane is there to show light/shadow effect on it....

The engine doesn't stop in the air. There are tech videos of tanks driving showing how the ground reacts with physics, etc.You could make one hell of an open world military game with that engine (kind of like what Armed Assault is now).I'm not sure why no one has bitten on their engine yet.

The engine doesn't stop in the air. There are tech videos of tanks driving showing how the ground reacts with physics, etc.You could make one hell of an open world military game with that engine (kind of like what Armed Assault is now).I'm not sure why no one has bitten on their engine yet.
It is in beta stage at the moment and there has been interest. In fact, the authors of the engine stated that a large flight simulation software company from Europe expressed interest last year. I sure hope this engine results in some sort of a flight title.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

And that large flight simulation software company that begins with the letter A has stopped any development of a flight title.

And that large flight simulation software company that begins with the letter A has stopped any development of a flight title.
And is now backing X-Plane 10 ... maybe wink.png ?

As a matter of fact, A_ _ _ _ _ _ _ have hinted that 2012 belongs to X-Plane. There's some very smart people in that company, it would be rather surprising to see them pass on the next big thing.

A_ _ _ _ _ _ _ needed a lot of money to be able to put everything together, banks,investors.....they did not reach their target....pure speculation on my part again..Whistle.gif

>>I always thought Outerra was impressive and have followed their blog for a while. Interestingly both X-plane and Outerra use OpenGL as the basis of their software. Let's get X-plane 10 out the door first though LOL! I'm still trying to search for news about it from FSweekend.<<Hence the reason so many struggle with performance using MS tilles developed with their inferior DirectX.