Sign in to follow this  
JC75

SPEEDBRAKE DO not ARM light

Firstly, I understand the basics behind why this may occur on landing...however when I got this the other day, I'm not entirely sure I should.However the issue is, that I had this light on touching down the other day, manual landing, autobrakes set and spoliers armed(green armed light on) throttles to idle during the flare, touchdown, then apply reverse, autobrakes working, but orange speedbrake do not arm light on, But on switching to spot view my spoilers were up! So am i just not understanding things completely about the why I'd get this light, and what it exactly means? moving the lever I have mapped for the spoilers, cleared the light and lowered my spoilers.But my interpretation of the light was that the spoilers hadn't deployed, or am I totally wrong here?

I'm pretty sure that's because of the extended spoilers. The spoilers are extended, so there is no need to arm them. I'm not an expert (yet Big Grin.gif ), but I think that this is the problem.

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

next time switch to external and take a look, when i touch down my spoilers deploy because they are armed and remain up with the light on so sounds normal

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

The SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM light comes on when the automatic operation of the speedbrake system does not arm correctly. This occurs when the speedbrake lever is in the ARMED detent or either thrust lever is in reverse, and one of the these occurs:

• Antiskid system inoperative
  • Auto speedbrake actuator not retracted
  • Disagreement between the wheel spin speeds and air/ground signals
  • Internal faults in the auto speedbrake module.

The SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light comes on when the automatic operation of the speedbrake system does arm correctly. This occurs when the speedbrake lever is in the ARMED detent or either thrust lever is in reverse, and all of these occur:

• One or more antiskid channel operates
  • Auto speedbrake actuator retracted
  • No disagree in the wheel spin speeds and air/ground signals.

The SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light also comes on when the auto speedbrake module sends a raise command to the auto speedbrake relays.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The SPEEDBRAKE DO NOT ARM light comes on when the automatic operation of the speedbrake system does not arm correctly. This occurs when the speedbrake lever is in the ARMED detent or either thrust lever is in reverse, and one of the these occurs:

The SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light comes on when the automatic operation of the speedbrake system does arm correctly. This occurs when the speedbrake lever is in the ARMED detent or either thrust lever is in reverse, and all of these occur:

• One or more antiskid channel operates
  • Auto speedbrake actuator retracted
  • No disagree in the wheel spin speeds and air/ground signals.

The SPEEDBRAKE ARMED light also comes on when the auto speedbrake module sends a raise command to the auto speedbrake relays.

Yes read that already, but as I don't have any of the conditions to put the do not arm Light on as far as I'm aware then why am I getting it?

3 SPEED BRAKE DO NOT ARM LightLight deactivated when SPEED BRAKE lever is in the DOWN position.Illuminated (amber) –• indicates abnormal condition or test inputs to the automatic speed brakesystem, or• during landing, indicates wheel speed has dropped below 60 kts, and thespeedbrake lever is not in the DOWN position.
In other words, this should happen.

Matt Cee

Ahhh understood now...so should it be green on touchdown and then amber as I reduce below 60kts if I haven't put it down manually?

Ahhh understood now...so should it be green on touchdown and then amber as I reduce below 60kts if I haven't put it down manually?
yes:-). Was puzzled my self the first time i saw it. Then I realized, its just PMDG making aircrafts like no one else, with attention to just about every little detail!

Yngve Giljebrekke
ENZV NSB

When you touch down, autospeed brakes deploy - DO NOT ARM should illuminate...not just at 60 knots.

When you touch down, autospeed brakes deploy - DO NOT ARM should illuminate...not just at 60 knots.
Ops,Yes, you're right!As the ARMED light means that is Armed, so the actuator is ready to do its job (extend the spoilers)Each time it deploys it is obvious that the light armed have no sense to remains on.I also posted the condition from the manual:

The light will extinguish only if the speed brake actuator is restowed.To do it the thrust levers must be advanced.If this procedure is not done, the speed brake actuator remains in the extended position and the light will remains always on.The pmdg have some wrong things in this system. As for automatic restow avaiable each time you deploy manually the speed brakes on ground.

Regards

Andrea Daviero