Sign in to follow this  
ritz55

RAM VII Conversion for C340

I just uploaded an update I made to the 340 which gives it 335 horsepower RAM VII engines instead of the original 285 hp engines. Carenado's model is a 1974 model with the original 285 hp TSIO-520-K engines. Since this is my very first upload, let me know if I need to change anything. You can search for it in the avsim.com file library by using RAM VII or Cessna 340.

Hi!! i want to congrats you ...!! i dont like the original 340 for carenado... dont fly well, the FDE its baad.... now with your conversion its bring to life the 340 !!! now its a real airplane fun and its a pleassure fly it !!!! the engines are so idem to the real life, and the checklist its too a nice touch ...!!

This is really nice!I have a sense that the airplane is still light on power, even with your mods,so I've added some by editing the power_scalar line[piston_engine]power_scalar = 1.3cylinder_displacement= 86.6compression_ratio= 7.5number_of_cylinders= 6max_rated_rpm= 2700max_rated_hp= 335

Bert

Thank you so much for your help, Bert! I noticed I was a little slow in the cruise at 78% and 23,000, so thanks for helping me out.Since I want this to be as real as possible, is there anything else anyone thinks I should change?Would you advise me re-releasing this addon when I get it right?

I'm not much of an authority on flight models, I'm afraid - so lets hope someoneelse jumps in!

Bert

Sorry I've been gone so long - I got to go away for two weeks over Thanksgiving.I need some help. Bert was right in that it needed some more power, so I took his advice (see above). The only problem is that now when I cruise at FL 230, I can't pull the props back any lower than 2500 RPM. Does anyone know how I can fix this in the aircraft.cfg, or do I have to start messing with the air file?

I did the edit and it works great but I do have one question about cruise power settings I run mine at 31"MP and 2300 Prop and I lean it for 20° lean of peak to get best economy which at 9000 was 95pph or 15.8gph is that about right?

Nice upgrade..Thanks.

Its still a little anemic with the avg cruise under 165 KIAS

the Baron8, Vtail, mooney and the MILVIZ 310 are all a bit faster

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector