Sign in to follow this  
Bugor

New night screenshot

Looks great to me...http://www.x-plane.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/night.png

Gotta say- look great for the next xplane-but this does not do much for me...am I missing something?

Looks great to me, those little street lights are dynamic, not like painted textures.Only a few hrs (9) to go to the fs weekend in Holland. Hehe, we have a secret agent there who'll be posting comments and pics live to our xplane blog. That makes it 11pm my time, I doubt I'll sleep much!

Well have to say as a rw pilot have never seen the blurred textures that are repeated over and over....I wish the best for xplane 10-hope it is the best-but this shot does not do anything for me me-my imho....

or some have rw experience.I have no loyalty but to the best sim at the best moment-my disclaimer.

Eat your heart out MS !!!Looks amazing !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Gotta say as a anti fs but best sim software and beta tester for the competiiton the clouds and the night lighting these shots quite don't make it....Go for it!!!!

Wow! That is really impressive. And it's running above 30fps. I can't wait till this comes out next month.

I have been a huge fan of what they have shown so far... but this looks a bit off to me. The lights themselves look a bit like big yellow orbs, and in the background it becomes a bit muddy. Also, the lights that are far away are brighter than the ones up close, though I would think that it should be the other way around. While it is certainly an improvement over default FSX (I was just flying the Canarsie approach with default everything and it looked terrible), I still think that some of the older preview shots looked better. It might be just this one shot though. But comparing it to some real life shots, it still seems just a bit off, for lack of a better word.Is anybody else looking forward to what we will find out later today at FSWeekend?

Daniel Miller

These are great lighting effects. What is missing are the cars that will be on the road that will break up the lighting pattern. That is what does it in real life and I suspect if a person took a picture of real life without any cars, it would look similar to this. Bottom line, the lighting effects seem to look good and function very well as one f many visual components that can make this simulator look very plausible.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

What i think is missing is signage, petrol station signs, shopping centre signs and strip lighting, hospitals, logos, takeaway food outlets that sort of thing, you know just human visual pollution, I don't know if that can be added or not, be interesting if it can even as custom scenery.As MikeT707 said the traffic will make it move and flow so that will help.

I think this new x-plane night shot looks absolutely superb. It would be nice to see this running in a video with traffic. I can't remember seeing this sort of detail in a night shot in a flight sim. The only other thing that comes close is UTX's 3d lights for FSX, which looks good but doesn't seem as detailed as these x-plane shots.utxeurope8.jpg

...doesn't seem as detailed as these x-plane shots.
That's because it looks like each light source in the X-Plane shot is coming from an actual 3D object -- a house, sign, light post, etc. -- whereas a lot of UTX's lighting detail is "baked" into the ground texture.

Yes, I have UTX and can't fly fsx without it, ESP at night. But those lights, when u get low enough, are just glowing spheres hanging in the air, no poles. Very good though. Which means that the ultra real, live lighting of xp10 should be stunning. Let's hope Lelystad shows some film of it in action, and yes, with traffic!