Sign in to follow this  
Bugor

New night screenshot

I think this new x-plane night shot looks absolutely superb. It would be nice to see this running in a video with traffic. I can't remember seeing this sort of detail in a night shot in a flight sim. The only other thing that comes close is UTX's 3d lights for FSX, which looks good but doesn't seem as detailed as these x-plane shots.
Wow, now I REALLY prefer X Plane 10 out of the box to the best payware in FSX. Thanks for posting.wink.pngGeof, with all due respect, if the latest night shot of x plane 10 doesn't do it for you, then I don't know what will.

The screenshot is not bad, it just needs more contrast/"bloom"/hdr effetcs. Here's how it looks after a simple edit of levels/contrast:night1i.jpg

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Looks great to me, those little street lights are dynamic, not like painted textures.Only a few hrs (9) to go to the fs weekend in Holland. Hehe, we have a secret agent there who'll be posting comments and pics live to our xplane blog. That makes it 11pm my time, I doubt I'll sleep much!
HelloHopefully at the FS weekend in holland they will show some night shots over EuropeThose grid like street lights are of no use to us European simmers

HelloHopefully at the FS weekend in holland they will show some night shots over EuropeThose grid like street lights are of no use to us European simmers
Oh God, Paris with UTX is great, but wow, with these new effects....No worries, as they're using openstreetmap data, your wish should be granted.That last post with the edited screenshot- why? Now it looks like UTX, all the colours too similar and too much glow. Just my 2cents

It's just about impossible to make a direct comparison to a real night time photo seeing as just about every night time photo is long exposure and makes everything brighter than it really is. I still, by far, prefer XP10 over UTX. About the only thing FSX has going for it in night screenshots is the light bloom.

It's just about impossible to make a direct comparison to a real night time photo seeing as just about every night time photo is long exposure and makes everything brighter than it really is. I still, by far, prefer XP10 over UTX. About the only thing FSX has going for it in night screenshots is the light bloom.
HelloDoes XP10 not have bloom?

HelloDoes XP10 not have bloom?
Of course it does. wink.pngJust not as exaggerated as FSX. However, that's just an opinion. Others might say it's very sufficient.

The screenshot is not bad, it just needs more contrast/"bloom"/hdr effetcs. Here's how it looks after a simple edit of levels/contrast:night1i.jpg
Wow... Yup. I like that more. I guess I can just mess with my display settings to make it more to my taste.

Daniel Miller

I think the night shot looks very realistic.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Guest bstolle

So far I've never seen any night foto or video that looks similar to real life.Lights at nighttime IRL are bright but the light sources are tiny so the whole image looks extremely crisp.However the edited x-plane screenshot looks much more realistic than the UTX screenshot.

or some have rw experience.I have no loyalty but to the best sim at the best moment-my disclaimer.
There is no need to brag about being a rw pilot.I am FAA and JAA CPL / IR ASES / ASEL and I find it flabbergasting.MinosPlus I have experience on Delta Simulator for the 777 and MD11 that are visually way inferior to that despite being million dollar machines.

Who is bragging-sorry I just don't find especially the clouds or the night lighting impressive. I do find the landscapes and other improvements staggering.

There is no need to brag about being a rw pilot.I am FAA and JAA CPL / IR ASES / ASEL and I find it flabbergasting.MinosPlus I have experience on Delta Simulator for the 777 and MD11 that are visually way inferior to that despite being million dollar machines.
hehe .... kettle calling the pot black. LOL.gif

Who is bragging-sorry I just don't find especially the clouds or the night lighting impressive. I do find the landscapes and other improvements staggering.
Hopefully the clouds will be editable/replace-able like in the case of REX. I want to see the night lighting in motion, I always thought the Xplane night lighting looked great, but only in motion. I do hope they toned down the visible-from-space taxi lights.