Sign in to follow this  
Richard_Michael

Video "Caribbean Four Five Eight" - a PMDG NGX VATSIM adventure

They are two excellent video's, Richard, well done. I really enjoyed them.Some of your shots over the water there were so real, I was starting to feel in party mood, ready to disembark and hit the sun!Frank Cooper

Why turn off the pitot heat before pushback?Anti collision light should be on before pushback starts :)Great music though! im Not Worthy.gif

Hey Richard,great vid, two things that i can tell you that wrong by checklist (it doesnt mean that the vid isnt great just trying to help(: )1. the engine start switches need to be at con (continues)2.I did not see that the fans are on3. landing lights and runway turnoff should be on only at take off and landing4.fuel pumps on when apu on, otherwise where can he get the fuel? haha5.anti collision, on, great great vid loved the landing best!Hey btw, it will be nice to come a cross with you at vatsim!, where do you dly most?

Stunning videos Richard!Brings back memories of my honeymoon on the wonderful Island of Antigua!

Looks good. What did you use to record and which add on for cameras?
All my flights are "recorded" with FsRecorder; I ussed FRAPS to capture the video and EZdok world walk camera (freeware) for the external camera angles.
Why turn off the pitot heat before pushback?Anti collision light should be on before pushback starts :)Great music though! im%20Not%20Worthy.gif
Thanks, I always thought that probe heat ought to be turned off f in order for more load for engine start... no need for it at that point as we are in the tropics.... but I could very well be wrong.
Hey Richard,great vid, two things that i can tell you that wrong by checklist (it doesnt mean that the vid isnt great just trying to help(: )1. the engine start switches need to be at con (continues)2.I did not see that the fans are on3. landing lights and runway turnoff should be on only at take off and landing4.fuel pumps on when apu on, otherwise where can he get the fuel? haha5.anti collision, on, great great vid loved the landing best!Hey btw, it will be nice to come a cross with you at vatsim!, where do you dly most?
Daniel, thanks for the info, Its also highly unrealistic to fly a 737 single pilot as we all do. Most of my procedures are done from memory as I always my company always forgets to provide me with normal checklists and they seem to be too cheap to provide me with a co-pilot. As any good sim-pilot I take many shortcuts Whistle.gif . All those light switches are waaaay over on the co pilots side so that's his Job!... not my problem if he forgets to turn them on.As for the landing light operation I believe it would depend on company policy, I am aware that at Caribbean Airlines at least they only use the retractables at night, preferring the outboard for daytime ops. A departure from TTPP usually involves crossing the active before proceeding to the holding point, so all my lights save for the landing lights are on before i get to the threshold.I am aware that the APU operates from a certain tank either left or right or centre requiring the respective pump to be on... but I could never remember which.... I keep forgetting to find out, but fuel does magically seem to arrive at my APU with them all off... I guess I've been spoiled lol.I mostly fly in the Caribbean on BWA routes, but I fly just about everywhere there is good ATC and traffic and challenging airports.
Stunning videos Richard!Brings back memories of my honeymoon on the wonderful Island of Antigua!
Thanks!
Absolutely beautiful.What scenery are you using?
Thanks, I'm using LatinVFR TTPP, Tropicalsim TAPA and Tileproxy (excellent freeware).
Bad normal procedure following, but the vids are great. Well done!!Loser.gif
Thank you,Richard Shaw

hey richard,really well done! i think ur point in those vids wasn´t to demonstrate accurat handling of this plane; rather to give some nice atmospheric impressions of a decent flight on vatsim. after watching this, i'm just eager to get back in this beautiful plane again...and maybe get some more new addons! thx.

4.fuel pumps on when apu on, otherwise where can he get the fuel? haha
as i remember- its the 2nd fuel pump of the left tank wich feeds the apu!

Thanks Willi, that was my intetion exactly .... I always try to encourage all my FS friends to fly in VATSIM. I always appreciate criticism, as a result it I have finally printed checklists, so I don't forget things like Engine start switches to CONT before takeoff at least. I have since learnt that it is the second fuel pump on the left tank as you pointed out that feeds the APU.

Great video!!! Oh how I would want to fly on VATSIM, but lol I'm a coward :D.
I understand the apprehension to to join VATSIM, but once you start you just don't go back to offline flying (at least me)- not for all the pretty AI in the world!