Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

A Quick Question About Scenery Installation

Hi guysI have recently seen that FlightSim.com has a BUNCH of freeware scenery, that I never knew exsisted!Anyway, do I ALWAYS have to install scenery via the FSX settings? I always read the readme's before installing, and some of them just say "Copy to AddOn Scnerery folder and you're ready to go!" While others say "Copy to your AddOn Scereny folder, then install the scenery via FSX".Is this ok? I only install them when the readme says so.

Each simple scenery is basically a parent-folder with the sub-folders "scenery" and "textures".To use that scenery the parent-folder must be added via the Scenery Manager. Physical location of the parent-folder can be anywhere. 1) The (default) parent-folder "Addon Scenery" already contains both sub-folders and is already added via the Sceenry Manager. Each single scenery and texture file you put into the sub-folder will be recognized and used after an restart of the FS. 2) If you put a "complete" scenery with parentfolder/subfolder _under_ the "Addon Scenery" folder, you have to add the "new" parentfolder with the Scenery Manager.

Each simple scenery is basically a parent-folder with the sub-folders "scenery" and "textures".To use that scenery the parent-folder must be added via the Scenery Manager. Physical location of the parent-folder can be anywhere. 1) The (default) parent-folder "Addon Scenery" already contains both sub-folders and is already added via the Sceenry Manager. Each single scenery and texture file you put into the sub-folder will be recognized and used after an restart of the FS. 2) If you put a "complete" scenery with parentfolder/subfolder _under_ the "Addon Scenery" folder, you have to add the "new" parentfolder with the Scenery Manager.
Thank you!!! I downloaded some scenery that said for me to put them under the scenery world or global folders, and those were the Ones that I had to "install".Thanks a lot!