Sign in to follow this  
Artur Munteanu

DE-ICE When ?

Hi! I use to fly with a Baron 58 (commercial version) and with the option activated in REX "use realistic icing effect" when I encounter some clouds in cruise, sometimes I have to push the de-ice button for engine, other wise I lose power. The question is: with 737 NGX when do I have to use the de-ice for engine or wings?

Nameless-Please sign your posts in this forum, in accordance with forum guidelines. Normally we simply remove posts that are unsigned, but I don't recall seeing you previously- so please do me the quick favor of reading our forum guidelines in order to prevent any moderator issues in the future- thanks!To answer your question: "Icing conditions" is generally defined as temperature <5C with visible moisture present. This might be light rain, clouds/fog/mist, snow, etc while the temperature is <5C.Some airlines use a more conservative <10C.Hope that helps.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Nameless-Please sign your posts in this forum, in accordance with forum guidelines. Normally we simply remove posts that are unsigned, but I don't recall seeing you previously- so please do me the quick favor of reading our forum guidelines in order to prevent any moderator issues in the future- thanks!To answer your question: "Icing conditions" is generally defined as temperature <5C with visible moisture present. This might be light rain, clouds/fog/mist, snow, etc while the temperature is <5C.Some airlines use a more conservative <10C.Hope that helps.
Hi Robert,as we are dancing on that matter, let's dance... Just Kidding.gifShould we expect some ice concentrantion on the airplane and windows shield as it happens on BJ4100 ? ... I tried to turn off heat for windows waiting for ice on it ...e.g. freezed moisture...ect... Thinking.gifI promise to ask you something smarter questions in the future ... I promise Praying.gifLOL.gifCongratulation for the products, I've both with 600/700 extentions , and do thankyou for your job done. Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

No, there were no extra animations available to simulate the ice accumulation, so it is not simulated.

Kyle Rodgers

I thought that my name was on... I don't use nick name, I allways use real name in forum and I don't see why do I have to sign twice... (maybe for idiots hwo read the forum...Hypnotized.gif ) but if this can help I make you happy!dance.gifArtur Munteanu
but... can we have icing problems in the pmdg 737 if don't use correctly de icing?
It's exactly what I ask but I don't see an answer yet... anyone???
Hi username is his name.
Peace.gif +1

It's exactly what I ask but I don't see an answer yet... anyone???
Why would that matter? Read the FCOM, and try CBT for better understanding of Anti-Ice system.It doesn't matter if nothing happens ifyou fly in some BKN with 5 degrees TAT. Just turn the anti-ice when TAT is below 10C and that's all.

Why would that matter? Read the FCOM, and try CBT for better understanding of Anti-Ice system.It doesn't matter if nothing happens ifyou fly in some BKN with 5 degrees TAT.Just turn the anti-ice when TAT is below 10C and that's all.
I see... so it's not simulate the icing condition... on or off position doesn't affect at all the plain, it's scene makeup, that's what you mean? Hypnotized.gif

I don't know how PMDG simulated affects from ANTI-ICE switches. I just use them when needed. I the real life you just turn them on. Do the same.

Well I think the OP, like me, would want to know if icing conditions can create troubles to the engines or wing's surfaces if "anti-ice" is not engaged.......So, for short, are "ice failures" modeled in the NGX? Do the engines go off if rain or ice are ingested? Do wing's surfaces stop working properly if they have huge ice quantity sticked?Thank You wink.png

I think you need additional addons for simulation Icing conditions, braking action etc...Surely it's not modeled for NGX, cause if it is, many topics would be here already :)

Rub your hands together... its cold eh? Well stick on those anti-icers... Simples, for everything else there is mastercard. But Robert's answer is equally right.

I think you need additional addons for simulation Icing conditions, braking action etc...Surely it's not modeled for NGX, cause if it is, many topics would be here already :)
I can't follow You.... What additional addons? I have the LH Maddog and it simulates perfectly Icing troubles if anti-ice is not used during "icing conditions".So, it shouldn't be a real problem for PMDG to introduce icing effects for the NGX, which is the best and most advanced aircraft for FSX and in the FS history...... And I'm not speaking about icing eye candies, it doesn't matter to me at all, I'm only speaking about icing related issues and failures on aircraft's systems.From my signature You can understand I almost fly in northern Europe and now, winter, I'm very careful to ice and rain. It would be awesome if PMDG introduces these things rolleyes.gif

I can't follow You.... What additional addons? I have the LH Maddog and it simulates perfectly Icing troubles if anti-ice is not used during "icing conditions".So, it shouldn't be a real problem for PMDG to introduce icing effects for the NGX, which is the best and most advanced aircraft for FSX and in the FS history...... And I'm not speaking about icing eye candies, it doesn't matter to me at all, I'm only speaking about icing related issues and failures on aircraft's systems.From my signature You can understand I almost fly in northern Europe and now, winter, I'm very careful to ice and rain. It would be awesome if PMDG introduces these things rolleyes.gif
Hi SebastianoP,I think you're talking to the "wrong" crowd. 'm willing to bet from the little I know of PMDG that the function you'reasking about is implimented. Check the list of "features" that comes with the product: I haven't looked: I don't know.Hopefuly, someone from PMDG will have the time to answer this question in a rational way.Like I said before, I would bet my bottom dollar that PMDG simulated this function.