Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

Parking Brakes post SP1

They still don't won't stay engaged - see other threads where, pre SP1, this issue has been thrashed to death. Was rather hoping it would be dealt with in SP1.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

In my case the autobrake seems to work after I assigned my brakes (CH pedals) in FSUIPC rather than in FSX, might be worth a try if you haven't already and depending on what hardware you're using.

Richard Åsberg

I had that problem and not having a registered copy of FSUIPC resorted to fudging the calibration of the brake axis on my CH pedals by putting a fairly thin magazine under the heel end of the pedals before calibrating them via FSX.Andy Lawton

In my case, since SP1 my park brake does not dissengage when i hit the brakes on my CH Pro pedals. Or is this how it should be?

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

In my case, since SP1 my park brake does not dissengage when i hit the brakes on my CH Pro pedals.....
That's odd, mine does. Are you using FSUIPC on the brake axis? That might be the difference, I'm not.Andy Lawton

I have never tried stepping on the brakes to release the parking brake. I just use the parking brake lever. But regardless the parking brakes will not come off until you have the ground crew remove the chocks then reset the parking brake by using the lever. After that it may or may not work. But sure aint gonna happen when the chocks are in place.

That's odd, mine does. Are you using FSUIPC on the brake axis? That might be the difference, I'm not.Andy Lawton
Yes Andy i am using FSUIPC. Paul, this is after setting park at the hold before entering the runway for take off..

Rick Hobbs

My problem is that if you use ctrl . or set the parking brake lever to on in the VC the parking brake engages for a few seconds and then it disengages. This is with all ground connections removed, no active failures (failures disabled) and the new default panel state. As I said this plagued me pre SP1 and still does post SP1.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

My problem is that if you use ctrl . or set the parking brake lever to on in the VC the parking brake engages for a few seconds and then it disengages. This is with all ground connections removed, no active failures (failures disabled) and the new default panel state. As I said this plagued me pre SP1 and still does post SP1.Bruceb
I had exactly the same problem and got rid of it by using FSUIPC instead of FSX to setup my pedals.

Richard Åsberg

Sounds like spiking of the brakes axes or one of them causing the brake to be applied... Odd one there Richard, as my problems with Saitek pedals were completely cleared up after taking the brake axes OUT of FSUIPC and assigning them via FSX directly... any interaction of FSUIPC with brakes caused the MD11X autobrake to trip off immediately on touchdown when landing... funny world!Greetings from a fellow Virtual Pilot!Andrew

Hi there Andrew!Yep, FSX with all different addons sure is a strange beast from time to time but in this case maybe it's different with Saitek and CH. Regardless what brand you're using this specific problem is most likely caused by spikes just like you suggest.

Richard Åsberg

I had exactly the same problem and got rid of it by using FSUIPC instead of FSX to setup my pedals.
Thanks. Subsequently after reading another thread that, contrary to PMDG's advice, advocated setting up control devices in FSUIPC instead of FSX/CH Control Manager, I did exactly that with my CH pedals and so far it seems to have done the trick I will just have to see if it stands the test of time. The odd thing is that this problem was not an issue with any other aircraft - only the NGX.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Thanks. Subsequently after reading another thread that, contrary to PMDG's advice, advocated setting up control devices in FSUIPC instead of FSX/CH Control Manager, I did exactly that with my CH pedals and so far it seems to have done the trick I will just have to see if it stands the test of time. The odd thing is that this problem was not an issue with any other aircraft - only the NGX.Bruceb
I had nothing but problems with my CH Pro Pedals. Loss of brakes and ground steering until i completely deleted all FSX assignments and went with FSUIPC.

Rick Hobbs