Sign in to follow this  
dmbusmc

L TRANS warning on annunciator panel?

Hey guys, I am currently flying my C340 on an xc, FL210, 24"/2300 RPM, and I have a light lit on the annunciator panel that reads "L TRANS". I have never seen this lit before and am unsure what it is. I'm a real world pilot as well, though never flown this beautiful girl myself, and I've been racking my brain to figure out what it is/what it's for. Carenado's documentation is completely lacking on these types of situations, so I was hoping one of you guys/gals may have come across it before/know what it is and how to fix it. Let me know, thank you!(I'm going to kick myself if it's something pretty obvious, which I'm guessing it is.)

Doesn't anyone have any ideas??? Carenado support ticket has remained unanswered and so has this.....c'mon guys, someone has to at least have a guess???

According to the owner's manual, page 2-26, "L TRANS" means "Transfer of wing locker fuel complete". An optional system for the 340 is 20 gallon fuel tanks in the forward portion of the nacelle wing lockers. If you have this system, the only way to use this fuel is to transfer it into the main (tip) tank on the same side and then burn it with the fuel selector on main or cross-feed. You have to activate the pump to transfer the fuel, and when it is all transferred, this light on the ann. panel comes on so you know to turn the pump off - then the light goes out.It is interesting that this light came on for you since this aircraft is not modeled with wing locker tanks. I had a similar problem with the "SURF DEICE" light remaining on even after saving the flight and reloading for the next one. It stayed on even if I had the boots on or off. So, I completely re-loaded the plane and it went off. If it's still on, maybe this will help.

According to the owner's manual, page 2-26, "L TRANS" means "Transfer of wing locker fuel complete". An optional system for the 340 is 20 gallon fuel tanks in the forward portion of the nacelle wing lockers. If you have this system, the only way to use this fuel is to transfer it into the main (tip) tank on the same side and then burn it with the fuel selector on main or cross-feed. You have to activate the pump to transfer the fuel, and when it is all transferred, this light on the ann. panel comes on so you know to turn the pump off - then the light goes out.It is interesting that this light came on for you since this aircraft is not modeled with wing locker tanks. I had a similar problem with the "SURF DEICE" light remaining on even after saving the flight and reloading for the next one. It stayed on even if I had the boots on or off. So, I completely re-loaded the plane and it went off. If it's still on, maybe this will help.
Awesome, thank you for looking that up. I actually went to my local pilot store to try the completely off-chance that they might have ANY C340 manual, but of course not. Not sure how I might correct this, I've found that messing with the fuel selectors can get messy pretty quickly, so I've let it just do it's thing and it has always worked out fine. Definitely wasn't anywhere near the ballpark of what I thought it could be. Thanks again so much for looking this up and taking the time to post im%20Not%20Worthy.gif .(BTW, RAM VII conversion is fantastic, downloaded it the second you put it up and I'm keeping it, great work, hopefully you are up to more!)