Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Gee

747 VC transformation...

Hello all, I know I am not the only person finding it difficult to fly the 747 after buying the 737 nix and I would like t see better vc developed... I am not asking pmdg to re do it... Although it would be awesome, but I was wondering if it was possible to change my 747 fmc for the one from the 737 so that it's 3d and works in the vc... With out buying any software too... Just transferring the FMCs ...Thanks! Kevin Galloway

Look in the 747 forum, smm200 has just started that huge undertaking and is reporting back his efforts as they come in. Huge kudos to that man!

Thanks for the reply... Yes I am aware of what he is doing, and it's great but not what I'm looking for.., I'm talking about a transformation that looks and feels like the ngx... Detail and looks like that... I am praying that will be pmdgs big surprise but we shall see :)

Thanks for the reply... Yes I am aware of what he is doing, and it's great but not what I'm looking for.., I'm talking about a transformation that looks and feels like the ngx... Detail and looks like that... I am praying that will be pmdgs big surprise but we shall see :)
I just have the feeling that remodding the original is not enough,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I'm pretty sure PMDG's big surprise came out earlier today as supporting X-plane 10. So I guess you can take it or leave it. I'll be taking it, as it's a fantastic effort.

That's awesome, unfortunately I don't have plane 10... Or willing to buy it... My question is ... Is it possible to put the ngx fmc int the 747 vc?That's awesome, unfortunately I don't have plane 10... Or willing to buy it... My question is ... Is it possible to put the ngx fmc int the 747 vc?

That's awesome, unfortunately I don't have plane 10... Or willing to buy it... My question is ... Is it possible to put the ngx fmc int the 747 vc?That's awesome, unfortunately I don't have plane 10... Or willing to buy it... My question is ... Is it possible to put the ngx fmc int the 747 vc?
Maybe the textures, but it's the wrong color. To actually transplant a working cdu would require rewriting the 744 or the fmc, or both. It was developed with completely different programming methods & is far too closely tied to every other aspect of the plane.

That blows... There still isn't a good 747 out there yet... I wish somebody would make one, pmdg's has the potential.

Yeah, a complete remake is supposed to be planned.Their current 744 is still an excellent aircraft, but I'd like to see how far they can push the new one.

I'm pretty sure PMDG's big surprise came out earlier today as supporting X-plane 10. So I guess you can take it or leave it. I'll be taking it, as it's a fantastic effort.
PMDG has NOT stated that they are doing anything with X-plane!

That blows... There still isn't a good 747 out there yet... I wish somebody would make one, pmdg's has the potential.
Allow me to find that statement quite ridiculous... no offense though.sleep.pngBut I honestly think that if you really think that the PMDG's 747X is not a good 747 sim, than my friend you'll have to move on to maybe other simulators like Level D sims (costing several $100k for only 1 or 2 aircraft types...)

Allow me to find that statement quite ridiculous... no offense though.sleep.pngBut I honestly think that if you really think that the PMDG's 747X is not a good 747 sim, than my friend you'll have to move on to maybe other simulators like Level D sims (costing several $100k for only 1 or 2 aircraft types...)
Don't get me wrong, perhaps i was not clear: I would like to see a 747 with ngx quality or j41 quality out there... Right now pmdg owns the field in 747 anyway... It could just needs a diar remake...

Look in the 747 forum, smm200 has just started that huge undertaking and is reporting back his efforts as they come in. Huge kudos to that man!
PMDG objected and it Looks like the whole thread has been deleted.