Sign in to follow this  
manuthie

PMDG 737NGx and 747/400 for X-Plane 10?

RIP FSX !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

YES!!! Applause.gif I hope there is a discount for FSX owners.... Seriously, this was the biggest thing standing between me and XP10. Now all I need is for those new Intel and NVIDIA chips to come out and build a new computer!This video has sold me, particularly the end when some less that ideal weather was thrown in. I am just trying to imagine how amazing this is all going to be.

Daniel Miller

YES!!! Applause.gif I hope there is a discount for FSX owners.... Seriously, this was the biggest thing standing between me and XP10. Now all I need is for those new Intel and NVIDIA chips to come out and build a new computer!This video has sold me, particularly the end when some less that ideal weather was thrown in. I am just trying to imagine how amazing this is all going to be.
Ahhhhhhh Daniel you beat me by 2 mins by posting that video...LOL! Very exciting times for X-plane and the hobby as a whole IMHO. looking forward to more news from FSweekend.

http://xplane10.word...ekend-coverage/Not sure if this is supposed to be a joke or for real though ...
If it's real, it's great news for the X-Plane camp, I do have my doubts though, based on their previous public stance regarding X-Plane. I also think if they were going to do this, they would have announced it themselves.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

If it's real, it's great news for the X-Plane camp, I do have my doubts though, based on their previous public stance regarding X-Plane. I also think if they were going to do this, they would have announced it themselves.
It is a bit odd, but that is what it says, and I highly doubt they are lying. PMDG said they had two products that were unannounced, so I guess there are those two.

Daniel Miller

Comment from http://xplane10.word...ekend-coverage:

PMDG don’t have a beta of their products for X-plane, but they have received a copy of X-plane 10 beta two days ago, “they are looking to it and working on that” of converting their 737 and 747 to X-plane. So no guarantees, but a step in the right direction!I’m sorry for the initial confusion, a problem of using text messaging…Robert Arts said this on November 6, 2011 at 9:04
Now that sounds more believable ...

Would have been a game changer. If X-plane/PMDG were smart they would sweeten the effort and include, say the Queen, as a default AC. PMDG would get a cut of each sale and Xplane would get more credibility in the FSX community. I'd bet alot of other 3rd party developers would take a hard look at Xplane also. Regardless, I'm a day one buyer.

Yes, but a team that were formerly not looking at xplane ARE now. Don't expect it converted overnight though

Yes, but a team that were formerly not looking at xplane ARE now. Don't expect it converted overnight though
I didn't hear PMDG say that. I think more likely, Austin offered PMDG a beta copy to review, in the hopes they may look into converting to it. I doubt very much they have committed to anything yet. I don't see anything changing in Austin's update methodology, which was one of PMDG's main reasons for not porting to X-Plane.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I didn't hear PMDG say that. I think more likely, Austin offered PMDG a beta copy to review, in the hopes they may look into converting to it. I doubt very much they have committed to anything yet.
Austin never offered a copy to anyone. Taken from someone who was there:"The facts are….PMDG was provided a copy of xplane beta, nothing more or less. It was not said whether or not they even asked for it. My interpretation of what is happening here is that Aerosoft, being a supporter of xplane is wanting PMDG to get on board the ship too and has thusly given them a copy in hopes of influencing them….not unexpected at all. What PMDG does with it is in question and until they make some type of official statement saying otherwise, I’d consider their participation in x-plane add on development strictly a rumor. In the video, the head of Aerosoft indicated that PMDG would “consider it”….and in the context of the moment at FSWeekend, I interpret that to be….”we’ll look at the beta”"Just to add to that, people need to get this "Can we port stuff from FSX to X Plane" idea out of their head. If a dev team like PMDG were to bring their 747 or 737 over to x plane, they would have to start the code from Line 1 and rewrite everything from scratch. It's not a "Well, we can change a few lines here and a few lines there". It's a literal back to square 1 for the code and the flight model.

Austin never offered a copy to anyone. Taken from someone who was there:"The facts are….PMDG was provided a copy of xplane beta, nothing more or less. It was not said whether or not they even asked for it. My interpretation of what is happening here is that Aerosoft, being a supporter of xplane is wanting PMDG to get on board the ship too and has thusly given them a copy in hopes of influencing them….not unexpected at all. What PMDG does with it is in question and until they make some type of official statement saying otherwise, I’d consider their participation in x-plane add on development strictly a rumor. In the video, the head of Aerosoft indicated that PMDG would “consider it”….and in the context of the moment at FSWeekend, I interpret that to be….”we’ll look at the beta”"Just to add to that, people need to get this "Can we port stuff from FSX to X Plane" idea out of their head. If a dev team like PMDG were to bring their 747 or 737 over to x plane, they would have to start the code from Line 1 and rewrite everything from scratch. It's not a "Well, we can change a few lines here and a few lines there". It's a literal back to square 1 for the code and the flight model.
I assumed Austin, since I would think he'd be the one that would have to authorize a Beta copy release.That is pretty much how I interpret it as well.That being said, I hope they do decide to port, as that would open the flood gates for X-Plane, which I see as the best hope for a new gen hardcore sim. I'm still a little concerned about some of the statements Austin is making regarding performance, and that AI is still limited, but I'll reserve judgment until it's released. Right now I see MS Flight, being geared more to the gamer community. So I think the only other viable sim (besides current FS and X-Plane versions) is Prepar3d. That though is really just FSX with some new extra features. (and a lot more expensive)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

I assumed Austin, since I would think he'd be the one that would have to authorize a Beta copy release.That is pretty much how I interpret it as well.That being said, I hope they do decide to port, as that would open the flood gates for X-Plane, which I see as the best hope for a new gen hardcore sim. I'm still a little concerned about some of the statements Austin is making regarding performance, and that AI is still limited, but I'll reserve judgment until it's released. Right now I see MS Flight, being geared more to the gamer community. So I think the only other viable sim (besides current FS and X-Plane versions) is Prepar3d. That though is really just FSX with some new extra features. (and a lot more expensive)
No problem, Tom. Just making sure the facts are out there.Something to understand is that XP10 is coming out with a lot of new tech. The only way from here is up. Safe to say Austin is not interested in going backwards, so any limitations in the performance, AI and ATC and whatever else might be found, will be initial teething issues. As time goes on, many refinements and enhancements will be made. I like to consider X Plane a collaboration of what the community has put into it. Over the years, many of the upper level developers have asked for certain features to be implemented and Austin has listened.