Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

Guest jahman
Yes even vanilla FSX has GUID errors
Of course, that makes sense! Even MS can make mistakes in including scenery in their DVDs.
Hope that is helpful
You bet! Would suggest this be added to the tips-and-tricks board and pinned!Cheers,- jahman.

The 10 missing guids generated by Vashon is caused by a dependancy on the OZx libs, currently. Vashon is being updated (by me) as we speak to remove this dependancy and to fix a few other things. The update should be in beta within a week. in the meantime installing the OZx libs will supress the missing GUID errors at Vashon for the time being.Jim

OKAgain, many thanks to BRAD over at RTMM for this great tool.Go to here and scroll down to 'scenery tester'.http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/index.php#sinstall Brads test scenery and go to PANT and make sure you can see ALL 10 objects.If you see all 10 objects then you obj libs are installed correctly

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

This is the best G3D.dll thread ever, in my opinion, and I have read everything I could find for years. I am hopeful for a solution now as I think we are getting a handle on the root cause, missing textures. I am now testing the fsx.cfg MissingLibraryAlert=1 entry too. Thank you to each one here for the clear thinking.Kind regards,

Well, Aerosoft EBBR has 8 missing objects. I always thought that airport was dodgy, every time I flew over the airport I got a G3d error. Now I know why. Missing libary alert got me through this time.Always happened going from EDDS to EGKK.BTW, EGCC has two missing objects. And EGKK has one. (UK2000)

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guest jahman

Cool!Please everyone report back to the developper when you find missing GUIDs! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

This is the best G3D.dll thread ever, in my opinion, and I have read everything I could find for years. I am hopeful for a solution now as I think we are getting a handle on the root cause, missing textures. I am now testing the fsx.cfg MissingLibraryAlert=1 entry too. Thank you to each one here for the clear thinking.Kind regards,
MissingLibraryAlert=1, will identify missing OBJECTS not textures. If you went looking for missing textures it would drive you totally mad :-)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guys, if you start trouble and blaming several developers, keep in mind, that even with no missinglibraryalerts the sim could crash with G3D.dll.In my opinion the alert just takes some load away from FSX in a critical moment and prevents it from crashing.LOWI had two missing objects which where fixed.Before the fix I had 100% crash, yes. But after the fix I got also crashes from time to time ...Otherwise I get countless errors on german airfields and airports from Aerosoft and hadn't one single crash there.All I want to say is, that the conclusion to prevent G3D.dll errors is not for 100% a missing library object.That reduces maybe the workload of FS, but will not cure you from G3D.dllOther discussions about: G3D.dll CTD related to Virtual memory? G3D.DLL crashes Innsbruck X (in german)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were extensive discussions about this on FTX forum as well... it's still a mystery... you can say it's missing objects but than what do you say when you get this error where there are no missing objects or you don't get this error where there are missing objects? In my case, I was getting this error constantly when flying PNW (and sometimes other regions, like Europe - GEX, UTX,..) and at the end I stopped getting it completely when I removed Antilag limiter... that was more than 6 months ago and since than I didn't get it one single time.. even with NGX flying around PNW with BP=0, Water=High,... I could say it's definitely Antilag, but of course, it's not. At the end, this error has only one single denominator... FSX.I'd give a Nobel prize to the person who would solve this mystery.

Yep I also tried several things for weeks:disable antilagdisable ENB moddisable MyTrafficXdisable AES lightreducing waterreducing LODetcnot a single one of this things is related to 100% to G3Dd.ll crashes here at my system ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I'd give a Nobel prize to the person who would solve this mystery.
I'd second the motion!I cranked everything up last night for a test and tortured the machine around the new airports in ORBX PNW. After an hour or so I had a single alert. No CTD whatsoever. It's like looking for a policeman when you need one, although if you want to avoid the cops they are everywhere!Have a couple of ideas that I will try.Kind regards,

Guest firehawk44
Guys, if you start trouble and blaming several developers, keep in mind, that even with no missinglibraryalerts the sim could crash with G3D.dll.
You may be right but we have found one possible solution to this problem - placing the "missinglibraryalerts=1" line in your FSX.cfg under [scenery] as it does take a temporary load off the sim thus avoiding a crash. Since the G3D.dll is reading .bgl extensions in FSX, it is imperative that these files be as accurate as possible when compiled by developers/individuals. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44

I was always wondering why some people would have this G3D.dll error and many others not. Now we know as it relates to certain sceneries, commercial and freeware. I hope future developers will use the missing library alerts line during beta testing of their scenery if they haven't been doing that already.Best regards,Jim

Just for the record Jim. They say (guys who know the FSX programming) that even on a vanilla FSX install you will get these errors.
Where?

You can add also ShowMissingTextureAlert=1I don't know if this add chance of increase CTD with missing library.But flyng with this alert is a nightmare if the aircraft have missing texture.