Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

You may be right but we have found one possible solution to this problem -
Jim,a few month ago I fiddled around with this missinglibraryalert also, see my post hereThis was leading to LOWI version 1.2.As I said, before LOWI 1.2 (which solved the missing library objects) I got 100% g3d crashes at LOWI approach.But after the LOWI fix I got crashes there also.I also had MLA enabled and got crashes ...So yes, MLA enabled could maybe prevent from crashing.But it is not the solution, and also when developers add the missing objects could prevent, but is not 100% the solution ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would agree that 'missing objects' is not the only reason that we get CTD via gd3.dll, but as has been previously stated it is probably the main cause of this. Yes, developers need to make sure that they include 'all' object in their sceneries, but to make sure that people are made aware of what object libs the end user will need to make sure they see their scenery correctly.All I can say is that FSX has not crashed since I have installed ALL object libs and also to make sure they are activated in the scenery lib.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

You mean the 12 object libraries?Or only the Object Library named RTMM?Please expand. Thanks!Cheers,- jahman.
It worked for me..!!!!!! Just installed all the Object Libraries and then flew the 737NGX on the infamous LFMN-EDDF a couple of times, with UTX and Aerosoft addons activated,...and NO CTDs for the first time since ages on that route...! To me it makes no sense that missing object issues can be eliminated installing objects belonging to sceneries that are not installed.....yet it worked.....I will try and fly the other "dangerous" routes and report back...Cheers...

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Guest jahman

Would it perhaps be possible to write a simple app that scanned all BGLs and compiled a report of any missing objects?Cheers,- jahman.

It worked for me..!!!!!! Just installed all the Object Libraries and then flew the 737NGX on the infamous LFMN-EDDF a couple of times, with UTX and Aerosoft addons activated,...and NO CTDs for the first time since ages on that route...! To me it makes no sense that missing object issues can be eliminated installing objects belonging to sceneries that are not installed.....yet it worked.....I will try and fly the other "dangerous" routes and report back...Cheers...
Hi Jackson,I downloaded most of them, but when I get to tongras fjiords and fsx acceleration, you need to purchase. bit confused, what did you do ? only have 10 of the libaries.Also, do you just put all the files in one folder then add to the scenery libary ?Thanks in advance

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I downloaded and installed only the ones whose link was leading to an object library file...that is all of them except Tongass Fjoirds and FSX acceleration ..I did not purchase them....Once you unzip the files you will have a root folder which includes two subfolders (scenery and texture). Just put each root folder and its contents in addon scenery and activate as usual. For those files which have an .exe, install them on a temporary folder and then move the folder into the addon folder and activate...Hope I have been helpfulRegards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

Fantastic, many thanks. I also get a ctd from LFMN to EDDF as well, so glad to be able to fly that route once again.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How can libraries from a scenery from the other part of the world that you don't even have installed help in any way?
Have no idea, but it works.

Guys,My understanding of that these are 'common' object libs that are used throughout scenery design everywhere within FSX. Unless like the 'tongras fjiords' objects which are for that area. The FSX acceleration bit adds more 'standard objects' into the FSX standard object library.So, going back to my previous post, I think that scenery designer should make it a bit clearer as to what the end user needs to install for the scenery that you have just purchased from them.Also, another tip, I was having guid errors in the UK also, so after i had installed ALL obj libs I uninstalled and then reinstalled the addon scenery where i was getting the errors and ......no more errors happened.I was flying around the UK last night and had no guid errors at all. In fact GUID errors are now a thing of the past on my system(....keeps fingers crossed!!)hope this helps

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guys,My understanding of that these are 'common' object libs that are used throughout scenery design everywhere within FSX. Unless like the 'tongras fjiords' objects which are for that area. The FSX acceleration bit adds more 'standard objects' into the FSX standard object library.So, going back to my previous post, I think that scenery designer should make it a bit clearer as to what the end user needs to install for the scenery that you have just purchased from them.Also, another other tip, I was having guid errors in the UK also, so after i had installed ALL obj libs I uninstalled and then reinstalled the addon scenery where i was getting the errors and ......no more errors happened.I was flying around the UK last night and had no guid errors at all.hope this helps
Thanks for the tip. I have quite a few UK2000 and Gatwick has always been a problem, so will take your advice. Thank you very much, really appreciated.

Yes missing file library's are the culprit for sure. Just did YSCB to YSTW again with the MLA still in my CFG (and those library's installed). Got the error as I was again 12DME from TW only this time no CTD.....

I tested a flight from ENGM to EDDF on the first 3 missing library and on final i get 14 with the result of a dramatic landing, the annoying side is the same library GUID pop several time if you turn on pan view or switch on views.I have check other airport EBBR got 11 missing library EGCC from UK2000 have a single missing library.I think everybody should check all add-on scenery and report them so we can avoid them until a fix is release.

I read that this happens on the ORBX forums.
When I responded to the statement that
They say (guys who know the FSX programming) that even on a vanilla FSX install you will get these errors
I wanted to know where geographically these errors occured so that we could replicate them to show it isn't an urban myth.