Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

I tested a flight from ENGM to EDDF on the first 3 missing library and on final i get 14 with the result of a dramatic landing, the annoying side is the same library GUID pop several time if you turn on pan view or switch on views.I have check other airport Brussel have a list of 11 missing library and also EGCC from UK2000 have a single missing library.I think everybody should check all add-on scenery and report them so we can avoid them until a fix is release.
But even with those errors @ EDDF and EGCC, it won't CTD. In EDDF I remark out the missing libary alert, as what you described is annoying with a dozen or so dialouge boxes popping up.Have you tried it with missing libary alerts remarked out ?

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Have you tried it with missing libary alerts remarked out ?
I have flown several time with 737NGX from ENGM EDDF and opposite and I always got crash then i try this missing libary alerts in FSX.cfg i didn't get CTD this time but annoying dialouge boxes .Are you telling me that missing libary alerts=0 out don't trygger the CTD I haven't tested, but for shure I got CTD whitout.Also the NGX start to behave badly after those alerts, like unable to set thrust in IDLE and stop it even with parking brake.Maybe there is a mix of combination that FSX can't handle due the saturation of memeory and the CTD is the last condition of course is my IMHOI will try to install those library also and check

Guys,there is a fix for missing objects, but it is only temp fix. Someone is needed who can create dummy objects and then create a .bgl file for these.Downside of this is that everyone system is not the same and therefore it could be a mammoth and never ending task, also if the missing object gets fixed there is a potential of having duplicate objects, which is even worse than have missing ones!So, easiest way I think is:1. Install object libs2. Uninstall scenery where the errors still happen3. Reinstall sceneryWhat for fix from scenery designers, ie JIM(ORBX) is fixing Vashon already after we had discovered the issues that have been talked about in this thread.Let scenery designers know that there are 'potential' missing object(s) in their scenery and see what response you get.

But even with those errors @ EDDF and EGCC, it won't CTD. In EDDF I remark out the missing libary alert, as what you described is annoying with a dozen or so dialouge boxes popping up.Have you tried it with missing libary alerts remarked out ?
If you have 'dozens of guid errors, then you have a 'real' issue with some addon scennery and/or you haven't installed/activated the object libs

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guys,there is a fix for missing objects, but it is only temp fix. Someone is needed who can create dummy objects and then create a .bgl file for these.Downside of this is that everyone system is not the same and therefore it could be a mammoth and never ending task, also if the missing object gets fixed there is a potential of having duplicate objects, which is even worse than have missing ones!So, easiest way I think is:1. Install object libs2. Uninstall scenery where the errors still happen3. Reinstall sceneryWhat for fix from scenery designers, ie JIM(ORBX) is fixing Vashon already after we had discovered the issues that have been talked about in this thread.Let scenery designers know that there are 'potential' missing object(s) in their scenery and see what response you get.If you have 'dozens of guid errors, then you have a 'real' issue with some addon scennery and/or you haven't installed/activated the object libs
I am going to re install Aerosoft EDDF, as I do have the libaries activated. I reinstalled all my UK2000 addons and don't get any errors now, Only EDDF.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Guest jahman
Would it perhaps be possible to write a simple app that scanned all BGLs and compiled a report of any missing objects?
Bump.

Bump.
Yeah, this would be an extremely cool and useful tool. I have no idea how to program something like that, I know 0 about scenery design and programming.After being 3 days away and catching up on forums, I have something to ask in this thread:Those who are reporting being able to fly a flight after enabling MissingLibraryAlert, what LOD are you running? It's still possible to call a g3d.dll without a high LOD usage - which btw. happened to me during the last online VATSIM Greece event, I was taking off from Heathrow and it shut down with g3d.dll half an hour after takeoff, I was checking my VAS, and it was around 3.2 as I remember, LOD was default 4.5. Apparently there are other things causing g3d.dll events.

I am running @ 5.5 LOD Word Not Allowed, The only 3 places in Europe I got a G3d error was flying over INN vor enroute LFMN to EDDS. Or EDDS to EGKK @ BUR VOR @ EBBR, any aircraft.. If I removed the airports, it did not happen.( LOWI & EBBR aerosoft). Also on app to EGGK, NGX only. Since installing and activating libaries, I no longer get the error @ EGGK.EDDF has 12 missing objects, but does not crash.I use to run LOD @ 7, but after about 2 hours in flight in the NGX, I would get a OOM. Since removing Bufferpools completely from my fsx cfg, I no longer get an OOM, @ LOD setting of 7I am keeping my LOD at 5.5 in the meantime.

I am running @ 5.5 LOD Word Not Allowed, The only 3 places in Europe I got a G3d error was flying over INN vor enroute LFMN to EDDS. Or EDDS to EGKK @ BUR VOR @ EBBR, any aircraft.. If I removed the airports, it did not happen.( LOWI & EBBR aerosoft). Also on app to EGGK, NGX only. Since installing and activating libaries, I no longer get the error @ EGGK.EDDF has 12 missing objects, but does not crash.I use to run LOD @ 7, but after about 2 hours in flight in the NGX, I would get a OOM. Since removing Bufferpools completely from my fsx cfg, I no longer get an OOM, @ LOD setting of 7I am keeping my LOD at 5.5 in the meantime.
Thanks for the info.Is there a chance someone would put online complete library? I hardly can find time to collect all... I can host in my dropbox if it's not too big all in all.

Thanks for the info.Is there a chance someone would put online complete library? I hardly can find time to collect all... I can host in my dropbox if it's not too big all in all.
Some of the files are about 250MB in size, otherwise I would send them to you.

Some of the files are about 250MB in size, otherwise I would send them to you.
Eww... we need a simple® solution, like Jahman said. Only filled for GUIDs, not 250mb big scenery files.

Still not working 100% for me after installing objects libraries......no more CTD around EDDF and EBBR but same old story around EDDM. As of today the only chance to complete every flight everywhere in Europe while keeping addon airport is to disable UTX.....By the way my standard LOD is 6.5, but CTD occurr also at LOD=4.5.Regards

AMD Ryzen 7800x3d, Asus ROG Strix RTX4090, Asus x670e-e, G-Skill F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR

I can also say, that on my typical EGLL LOWW flight, with couple of sceneries inbetween, like EBBR, EDDF, usually it would either crash within EBBR range or within EDDF range.With that MissingLibraryAlert in fsx.cfg, I got many popups, many over UK, even on transition over the channel, then in ranges of EBBR and EDDF. And I got many more than only 10 or so. More like 50.LOD_RADIUS is 5.5.

Guest firehawk44
Yeah, this would be an extremely cool and useful tool. I have no idea how to program something like that, I know 0 about scenery design and programming.After being 3 days away and catching up on forums, I have something to ask in this thread:Those who are reporting being able to fly a flight after enabling MissingLibraryAlert, what LOD are you running? It's still possible to call a g3d.dll without a high LOD usage - which btw. happened to me during the last online VATSIM Greece event, I was taking off from Heathrow and it shut down with g3d.dll half an hour after takeoff, I was checking my VAS, and it was around 3.2 as I remember, LOD was default 4.5. Apparently there are other things causing g3d.dll events.
I have mind set at 4.5 LOD. Are you saying that you have the Missing Library Alert enabled and you are still getting the crashes??Best regards,Jim
Still not working 100% for me after installing objects libraries......no more CTD around EDDF and EBBR but same old story around EDDM. As of today the only chance to complete every flight everywhere in Europe while keeping addon airport is to disable UTX.....By the way my standard LOD is 6.5, but CTD occurr also at LOD=4.5.Regards
Is this with the Missing Library Alert enabled or disabled. For some sceneries, Missing Library Alert may have to remain enabled until a solution to the problem(s) for that area are discovered.Best regards,Jim

The solution to my occasional CTDs in the ORBX world was the wrong BP setting. Like many, I was mesmerized by the added fps with low BP setting of Zero. I also used BP=30000, but I was plagued by the CTDs in the FTX world.So I decided to try the latest driver and switch to the old method of BP=300000000. I used this number back in the days of my gtx 285. The latest driver allows this new setting and I'm grateful that it finally works. FPS are excellent, even in poor weather. Plus, the stutters are gone! I'm also using enhanced the application setting in Inspector and enabling aa in FSX. Locked at 30 fps.Hope this is helpful.Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The solution to my occasional CTDs in the ORBX world was the wrong BP setting. Like many, I was mesmerized by the added fps with low BP setting of Zero. I also used BP=30000, but I was plagued by the CTDs in the FTX world.So I decided to try the latest driver and switch to the old method of BP=300000000. I used this number back in the days of my gtx 285. The latest driver allows this new setting and I'm grateful that it finally works. FPS are excellent, even in poor weather. Plus, the stutters are gone! I'm also using enhanced the application setting in Inspector and enabling aa in FSX. Locked at 30 fps.Hope this is helpful.Jose
Another tweak in FSX.cfg file? Or clean...