Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eziocin

g3d.dll......help ..!

Guest jahman
...Even if you don't have RTMM scenery installed, just install and active ALL the obj libs.Since installing these libs I have had no more erors either and no CTD
You mean the 12 object libraries?Or only the Object Library named RTMM?Please expand. Thanks!Cheers,- jahman.

Guest firehawk44
Just for the record Jim. They say (guys who know the FSX programming) that even on a vanilla FSX install you will get these errors. I'm sure with complex addon's we get them more often.As Word Not Allowed tested and said I think that the majority of these errors we are seeing have little to do with virtual address space limits problem. Maybe more to do with FSX searching for these missing files, does FSX keep looking if this line is not added to the CFG? Maybe when enough of these errors and missing files start to pile up it crashes the sim? Adding more complex airplanes and scenery only compounds the problem?
I agree and knew that about loading a vanilla FSX but I had to include everything in my testing to make sure it wasn't one of the other things I had loaded. At least, with the 'tweak' you suggested, the chances of a CTD have been reduced significantly. I would just like to edit something in my desertation above where I mentioned the Chin7 SID. I meant the Chin7 STAR as I was following an arrival route into KSEA. I lost tons of sleep last night thinking about that....Best regards,Jim
GuysJust my two cents worth. I was have the same issues espically around KSEA with orbx scenery. The fix that worked for me was to make sure that you have installed all the following object libraries:http://return.mistym...ngs.com/cirp/#hEven if you don't have RTMM scenery installed, just install and active ALL the obj libs.Since installing these libs I have had no more erors either and no CTDand I still have MissingLibraryAlert=1in my fsx.cfgAnyway it worked for me.Regards
Good info. Thanks!Best regards,Jim

I read with great interest all your posts and in the meantime I continued flying.....I made some interesting tests. I repeated three typical "CTD flights": LFMN-EDDM, LFMN-EDDF, LFMN-EBBR. Aircraft was PMDG737 NGX, major addons installed REX2 (with O/D), GEX, UTX, Aerosoft EBBR, LFMN, EDDM, EDDF, and ASE on networked laptop. Usually I can never complete any of those flights because of CTD, always occurring in the same location close to final destination.....very annoying.... Then I deactivated the destination airports and used default airports: no CTD at all......all flights completed more than once without CTD.Then I reactivated the Aerosoft Airports and deactivated UTX: no CTD at all....all flights completed successfully.Then I reactivated both Aerosoft apts and UTX and ...here we are again...CTD on all three flights.Important to highlight that in none of the crashed flights the PC resources were pushed at their boundaries. I used FSX in windowed mode so that I could have part of the desktop visible at all time during flight and I kept under control the screens of GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Real Temp and PC task manager on Performance section. CPU was running around 70% of the load, with random peaks at 90% (no affinity mask tweak used), GPU was a rock steady 40% loaded with GPU memory max usage 850 Mb (peak value...the average was around 450 Mb).Guys, I don't think CTDs are resource related....I bet they are the results of some conflicts between different add-ons. I'll start a thread based on this post on Aerosoft and Ultimate Terrainf forums and see what happens.....Regards

I read with great interest all your posts and in the meantime I continued flying.....I made some interesting tests. I repeated three typical "CTD flights": LFMN-EDDM, LFMN-EDDF, LFMN-EBBR. Aircraft was PMDG737 NGX, major addons installed REX2 (with O/D), GEX, UTX, Aerosoft EBBR, LFMN, EDDM, EDDF, and ASE on networked laptop.Usually I can never complete any of those flights because of CTD, always occurring in the same location close to final destination.....very annoying....Then I deactivated the destination airports and used default airports: no CTD at all......all flights completed more than once without CTD.Then I reactivated the Aerosoft Airports and deactivated UTX: no CTD at all....all flights completed successfully.Then I reactivated both Aerosoft apts and UTX and ...here we are again...CTD on all three flights.Important to highlight that in none of the crashed flights the PC resources were pushed at their boundaries. I used FSX in windowed mode so that I could have part of the desktop visible at all time during flight and I kept under control the screens of GPU-Z, CPU-Z, Real Temp and PC task manager on Performance section. CPU was running around 70% of the load, with random peaks at 90% (no affinity mask tweak used), GPU was a rock steady 40% loaded with GPU memory max usage 850 Mb (peak value...the average was around 450 Mb).Guys, I don't think CTDs are resource related....I bet they are the results of some conflicts between different add-ons.I'll start a thread based on this post on Aerosoft and Ultimate Terrainf forums and see what happens.....Regards
Yes even vanilla FSX has GUID errors, nothing can be done about that, unless you know how to create 'dummy objects' with the same GUID (way beyond me). Also beware that some addon scenery also have 'missing objects', and as you have found that by disabling the addon scenery the GUID error disappears. Also by having the 'MissingLibraryAlert=1' in your fsx.cfg, it will help prevent the CTD when FSX cannot find the object.Why, this works, again no idea, but it does.As I stated earlier, since I have installed ALL the object libs I now have NO GUID errorsIn fact I get no CTD anymore, unless its operator error, or I ask FSX to do to much.Before I was getting, what I thought was 'random' CTD's, but in fact there was some 'FSX logic' why it was happeningHope that is helpfulRegards

Guest jahman
Yes even vanilla FSX has GUID errors
Of course, that makes sense! Even MS can make mistakes in including scenery in their DVDs.
Hope that is helpful
You bet! Would suggest this be added to the tips-and-tricks board and pinned!Cheers,- jahman.

The 10 missing guids generated by Vashon is caused by a dependancy on the OZx libs, currently. Vashon is being updated (by me) as we speak to remove this dependancy and to fix a few other things. The update should be in beta within a week. in the meantime installing the OZx libs will supress the missing GUID errors at Vashon for the time being.Jim

OKAgain, many thanks to BRAD over at RTMM for this great tool.Go to here and scroll down to 'scenery tester'.http://return.mistymoorings.com/faq/index.php#sinstall Brads test scenery and go to PANT and make sure you can see ALL 10 objects.If you see all 10 objects then you obj libs are installed correctly

This is the best G3D.dll thread ever, in my opinion, and I have read everything I could find for years. I am hopeful for a solution now as I think we are getting a handle on the root cause, missing textures. I am now testing the fsx.cfg MissingLibraryAlert=1 entry too. Thank you to each one here for the clear thinking.Kind regards,

Well, Aerosoft EBBR has 8 missing objects. I always thought that airport was dodgy, every time I flew over the airport I got a G3d error. Now I know why. Missing libary alert got me through this time.Always happened going from EDDS to EGKK.BTW, EGCC has two missing objects. And EGKK has one. (UK2000)

Guest jahman

Cool!Please everyone report back to the developper when you find missing GUIDs! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

This is the best G3D.dll thread ever, in my opinion, and I have read everything I could find for years. I am hopeful for a solution now as I think we are getting a handle on the root cause, missing textures. I am now testing the fsx.cfg MissingLibraryAlert=1 entry too. Thank you to each one here for the clear thinking.Kind regards,
MissingLibraryAlert=1, will identify missing OBJECTS not textures. If you went looking for missing textures it would drive you totally mad :-)

Guys, if you start trouble and blaming several developers, keep in mind, that even with no missinglibraryalerts the sim could crash with G3D.dll.In my opinion the alert just takes some load away from FSX in a critical moment and prevents it from crashing.LOWI had two missing objects which where fixed.Before the fix I had 100% crash, yes. But after the fix I got also crashes from time to time ...Otherwise I get countless errors on german airfields and airports from Aerosoft and hadn't one single crash there.All I want to say is, that the conclusion to prevent G3D.dll errors is not for 100% a missing library object.That reduces maybe the workload of FS, but will not cure you from G3D.dllOther discussions about: G3D.dll CTD related to Virtual memory? G3D.DLL crashes Innsbruck X (in german)

There were extensive discussions about this on FTX forum as well... it's still a mystery... you can say it's missing objects but than what do you say when you get this error where there are no missing objects or you don't get this error where there are missing objects? In my case, I was getting this error constantly when flying PNW (and sometimes other regions, like Europe - GEX, UTX,..) and at the end I stopped getting it completely when I removed Antilag limiter... that was more than 6 months ago and since than I didn't get it one single time.. even with NGX flying around PNW with BP=0, Water=High,... I could say it's definitely Antilag, but of course, it's not. At the end, this error has only one single denominator... FSX.I'd give a Nobel prize to the person who would solve this mystery.

Yep I also tried several things for weeks:disable antilagdisable ENB moddisable MyTrafficXdisable AES lightreducing waterreducing LODetcnot a single one of this things is related to 100% to G3Dd.ll crashes here at my system ...

I'd give a Nobel prize to the person who would solve this mystery.
I'd second the motion!I cranked everything up last night for a test and tortured the machine around the new airports in ORBX PNW. After an hour or so I had a single alert. No CTD whatsoever. It's like looking for a policeman when you need one, although if you want to avoid the cops they are everywhere!Have a couple of ideas that I will try.Kind regards,

Guest firehawk44
Guys, if you start trouble and blaming several developers, keep in mind, that even with no missinglibraryalerts the sim could crash with G3D.dll.
You may be right but we have found one possible solution to this problem - placing the "missinglibraryalerts=1" line in your FSX.cfg under [scenery] as it does take a temporary load off the sim thus avoiding a crash. Since the G3D.dll is reading .bgl extensions in FSX, it is imperative that these files be as accurate as possible when compiled by developers/individuals. Best regards,Jim

Guest firehawk44

I was always wondering why some people would have this G3D.dll error and many others not. Now we know as it relates to certain sceneries, commercial and freeware. I hope future developers will use the missing library alerts line during beta testing of their scenery if they haven't been doing that already.Best regards,Jim

Just for the record Jim. They say (guys who know the FSX programming) that even on a vanilla FSX install you will get these errors.
Where?

You can add also ShowMissingTextureAlert=1I don't know if this add chance of increase CTD with missing library.But flyng with this alert is a nightmare if the aircraft have missing texture.

You may be right but we have found one possible solution to this problem -
Jim,a few month ago I fiddled around with this missinglibraryalert also, see my post hereThis was leading to LOWI version 1.2.As I said, before LOWI 1.2 (which solved the missing library objects) I got 100% g3d crashes at LOWI approach.But after the LOWI fix I got crashes there also.I also had MLA enabled and got crashes ...So yes, MLA enabled could maybe prevent from crashing.But it is not the solution, and also when developers add the missing objects could prevent, but is not 100% the solution ...

I would agree that 'missing objects' is not the only reason that we get CTD via gd3.dll, but as has been previously stated it is probably the main cause of this. Yes, developers need to make sure that they include 'all' object in their sceneries, but to make sure that people are made aware of what object libs the end user will need to make sure they see their scenery correctly.All I can say is that FSX has not crashed since I have installed ALL object libs and also to make sure they are activated in the scenery lib.

Where?
I read that this happens on the ORBX forums.

You mean the 12 object libraries?Or only the Object Library named RTMM?Please expand. Thanks!Cheers,- jahman.
It worked for me..!!!!!! Just installed all the Object Libraries and then flew the 737NGX on the infamous LFMN-EDDF a couple of times, with UTX and Aerosoft addons activated,...and NO CTDs for the first time since ages on that route...! To me it makes no sense that missing object issues can be eliminated installing objects belonging to sceneries that are not installed.....yet it worked.....I will try and fly the other "dangerous" routes and report back...Cheers...

Guest jahman

Would it perhaps be possible to write a simple app that scanned all BGLs and compiled a report of any missing objects?Cheers,- jahman.