Sign in to follow this  
Foghorn

ILS Approaches

Prior to SP1 I was pretty sure entering DEP/ARR arrival for an ILS runway, the frequency was automatically selected for NAV1 when approaching the destination. Pressing VOR/LOC first would intercept the rwy, once the localiser was active pressing APP would intercept the localiser. After the G/S was active CMD B could be selected for autoland.Since SP1 I'm finding the frequency for the ILS has to be manually input, otherwise pressing APP just makes the aircraft turn in circles.Does anybody have this issue after SP1 or am I so far out of practice not having used FSX for a few weeks?

I never had the ILS freq automatically set.It does it in in a 747, not in a 737 as far as I know.Bert Van Bulck

A 737NG does not autotune the nav radios !!You can get the NGX to auto select the course though.Fred.

Thanks for the quick replies. My memory must be worse than I thought, but I can't remember how good it was!Better pick up those zinc tablets this morning!! :-)Thanks again........

Thanks for the quick replies. My memory must be worse than I thought, but I can't remember how good it was!Better pick up those zinc tablets this morning!! :-)Thanks again........
Could you please share few of those tablets ? I was posting the same question because I remember the NGX could do that as well......

Now I think back I'm pretty sure rocketfs and RYR738 are correct. I just haven't flown the PMDG aircraft in a while..... Did circumnavigate Australia in a Cessna though. Took about 70 hours all up.....