Sign in to follow this  
BoFrost

AT override problem

I have a small problem with override of the auto throttle.Hardware is the Saitek pro fight system.In the FMC I have the setting active " never override " AT.But when AT is active and I apply throttle to spool up the engines, it first is ok, but when I then press the TOGA button, AT goes off, and the engines only spool up to the set trust. I can activate AT again, but it will go off again after a few seconds. It will first work normal again, if I Move the lever to zero, or to the possition, where it must be to apply the needed trust.It doesn't matter, if I activate and calibrate via FSX or FSUIPC. Testet both combination.Someone else also have this problem, or have any idea, what went wrong ?RegardsFrank

The AT will disengage at 2000 lbs or more thrust difference between the two sides.Calibrate + keep throttles aligned.

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

I think I found "my" problem on this throttle thing.To all the Saitek stuff I am using, I also have the VRInsight M-Panel, wich in normal configuration does not work very good.So the solution was, to use a virtual COM-Port emulator together with the Fullversion of FSUIPC, so the M-Panel acts as a joystick and the functions can then be assigned via FSUIPC. (Yeah, complicated but the only way as I know) However, this setup is working ! I can dial Heading, Speed and so on via the M-Panel.I made a test starting up the FSX without the M-Panel, and the Saitek Throttle worked as planed. No disconnect of the A/T. So it looks like the M-Panel config is the problem. Unfortunately it seems, that the M-Panel on the "User Setting Area" has an option to adjust the throttle via the Dial Knob per default. So now I have to find out, if it is possible to reassign this function, or to deactivate it.