Sign in to follow this  
dracer33

Possible post SP1 bug

I just started noticing this after a fresh install of the NGX and SP1. I will have the bird sitting on the runway correctly set up for a flight with LNAV and VNAV armed. I engage TOGA and the LNAV and VNAV lights on the MCP extinguish as expected, however once airborne and at 500' AGL the VNAV button becomes re-lit as it's supposed to but the LNAV button does not. It's strange because LNAV is engaged as shown in green letters on the PFD but the MCP says the opposite. If I re-press the LNAV it will show the light on the MCP and everything show's normally. I'm confused because this hadn't occured prior to SP1 and with an aircraft that had such a large emphisis on detail and realism is this possibly a new bug created by SP1 or just my user error? Thanks.Devin Mack

The LNAV button lighting up on the MCP doesn't mean it's engaged. That only means it can be disengaged by pressing the button again. The pfd is the only place to see which modes are engaged.

The LNAV can´t engage if the first wp is offset by >5 degree. You´ll have to flyHeading until you come in the turn, then you can engage it./ Leffe

The LNAV button lighting up on the MCP doesn't mean it's engaged. That only means it can be disengaged by pressing the button again. The pfd is the only place to see which modes are engaged.
Thank you for the reply Kenneth. And you're exactly right, the autopilot will follow the LNAV path perfectly without the lighted LNAV button. But isn't the light supposed to turn on in unison with the VNAV button upon climbing through 500' AGL?
That is true but in this case LNAV IS engaged and the light should be on.Same as the VNAV light is on.
Jason so I am correct that the LNAV light should be on, is there anything I could being doing for this to occur?Devin Mack

Thank you for the reply Kenneth. And you're exactly right, the autopilot will follow the LNAV path perfectly without the lighted LNAV button. But isn't the light supposed to turn on in unison with the VNAV button upon climbing through 500' AGL?Devin Mack
See my post further up/ Leffe

His LNAV is engaged. He's talking about the button on the MCP not being illuminated.

Thanks Leffe, the thing is LNAV is engaged, if you enlarge the screenshots I had uploaded you can see that the waypoint RBELL is directly in front of me on the takeoff heading. In fact the autopilot took me all the way to my destination perfectly without me interferring after the last screen shot was posted everything was fine except the LNAV light on the MCP never illuminated.Devin Mack

His LNAV is engaged. He's talking about the button on the MCP not being illuminated.
Yeah I saw that now in the last pics./ Leffe
Thanks Leffe, the thing is LNAV is engaged, if you enlarge the screenshots I had uploaded you can see that the waypoint RBELL is directly in front of me on the takeoff heading. In fact the autopilot took me all the way to my destination perfectly without me interferring after the last screen shot was posted everything was fine except the LNAV light on the MCP never illuminated.Devin Mack
Thx I saw that just now. Peculiar....and you have both Flightdir on?/ Leffe

Thx I saw that just now. Peculiar....and you have both Flightdir on?/ Leffe
Yes sir I do, VNAV wouldn't arm on the ground unless both were on.
Oh, it didn't light up the entire flight?
Nope, it remained like that until I manually disengaged and then turned LNAV back on. Then the light turned on as well.Devin Mack

Peculiar. Can you change to the normal PFD/ND gauges.....try and see if it´s the same thenAlso try to push it once more./ Leffe

Peculiar. Can you change to the normal PFD/ND gauges.....try and see if it´s the same thenAlso try to push it once more./ Leffe
Still the same results Confused.gifDevin Mack

Then I don´t know why this occur. It can´t be a bug causeI have no probs with it stayed lightend when it´s engaged/ Leffe