Sign in to follow this  
Mean Aerodynamic Chord

What do YOU want to see in SP2?

I would like to be able to import the wind data from Active Sky Evo direct to the FMC. Would save an awful lot of faffing about and make it more realistic. I would also like to see the custom waypoint issue resolved.Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

You have just given a very good reason for not having custom waypoints based on custom waypoints. In your example above, you said [...controller says "Airliner 123, cross 46 miles northwest of Toledo at 11,0000"] which is fair enough, but then you said [This means that the controller wants you to cross a point that is 45 miles from Toledo on your flight plan route]. The red bits are not correct. If you put in HIRED/-20 instead of TUL305/46, because that is where you thought the controller meant, and given that the controller can not know exactly how your FMC is programmed, only lucky coincidence will put you where the controller intended. And if you then try to use the point you defined with HIRED/-20 as the starting point for another route deviation, you are just compounding the error.In short, if you are entering a value which is NOT what you were asked for, because it is 'quicker' then working out the bearing associated with northwest, then the letter in the mail is more likely to be addressed to your next of kin.

You have just given a very good reason for not having custom waypoints based on custom waypoints. In your example above, you said [...controller says "Airliner 123, cross 46 miles northwest of Toledo at 11,0000"] which is fair enough, but then you said [This means that the controller wants you to cross a point that is 45 miles from Toledo on your flight plan route]. The red bits are not correct. If you put in HIRED/-20 instead of TUL305/46, because that is where you thought the controller meant, and given that the controller can not know exactly how your FMC is programmed, only lucky coincidence will put you where the controller intended. And if you then try to use the point you defined with HIRED/-20 as the starting point for another route deviation, you are just compounding the error.In short, if you are entering a value which is NOT what you were asked for, because it is 'quicker' then working out the bearing associated with northwest, then the letter in the mail is more likely to be addressed to your next of kin.
That's the thing though. HIRED/-20 plus the 26 miles to Toledo from HIRED gives me 46 miles. And that's where the controllers are expecting you to cross at 11,000. Not the TOL/305/46 (315 would be the exact radial for Northwest) or whatever. The "cross 46 miles northwest of Toledo @ 11000" does not void your flight plan. You are not cleared direct to Toledo in the clearance. You are simply crossing a point that is 46 miles from Toledo on your flight plan route. This is how it works in the real world.I think you are confused about the direction that is given in the clearence. This is only given to tell you which side of the fix to hit your crossing restriction. Northwest means if you're coming from a Northwesterly direction, cross on the same side that you are coming from. If you are coming from a Northwesterly direction and they say cross 25 miles Southeast of the VOR @ 11,000, then the place you want to cross at is on the other side of the VOR.Here's another real world example that I experienced recently. I was going into IND and this was our filed route: ILLIE V96 FWA.CLANG5 (available here: http://dtpp.myairpla.../00203CLANG.PDF)Overtop of WGNER we received this clearance:7"Citation 123, at pilots discretion, descend to cross 20 miles Northeast of the PENDS intersection at 9,000"So, we put in the FMS "MIE/-3" because that would give us 20 miles from PENDS (17 nm from PENDS to MIE, then an addition 3 from MIE to make 20 miles total) AND it would allow us to stay on the arrival. If we put in a of PENDS045/20 (045 for Northeast) then it would take us off of the arrival, at which point ATC would be asking if we were still planning on heading into IND.I fired up the NGX and I put both of our ideas in. For me, MIE/-3 and for you PENDS045/20.As you can see, your 045 at 20 miles (where the green dashed radial line intercepts the 20 mile dashed arc) is well to the west of the course that we need for the CLANG5 arrival. If you do MIE/-3 that will give you the 20 miles (flown/flight plan distance, not straight line distance) you need to cross to get to 20 northeast of PENDS at 11,000 ft.Just for grins, let's do the original example as well:"Airliner 123, cross 46 miles northwest of Toledo at 11,0000"Now, once again. As you can see, your 305/46 off of TOL is well to the west of where our flight plan and ATC intends us to go. HIR04 is HIRED/-20 and keeps us on our flight plan route. Once again, this is flown or flight plan distance and not straight line distance.I think you're getting confused with the direction in the clearance. It's just there to tell you which side of the fix in the clearance to cross at the altitude restriction.

PMDG has just sad that they will put shared cockpit in SP2. :)
Where did they say that?A link would be good as I just serached and couldn't find a thing.JB

About Stickers: have this one removed. I can't see the logic of this sticker "Hud deactivated", when the aircraft hasn't a Hud installed.hud.jpg

I would like to see a "Passing Gas" function. A selectable system with varying degrees of frequency and intensity from the Captain or the FO. Also random responses from " What's that smell?" to "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD". Perhaps some fumes emanating in selectable colors visible from the external model. Sheesh ...

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I would like to see a "Passing Gas" function. A selectable system with varying degrees of frequency and intensity from the Captain or the FO. Also random responses from " What's that smell?" to "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD". Perhaps some fumes emanating in selectable colors visible from the external model. Sheesh ...
Offcourse you would need Multicrew or a shared cockpit, since you would need to have someone to blame it on.JB

Don't forget an animation of the F/O or Captain grabbing the oxygen mask for their life....

I would like to have the FMC Alert Message Tone that was modelled in the previous PMDG NG.Very handy if you get for eg: 'Drag Required' message that you need to act fairly quickly,in case you missed the FMC light one, on the main panel.Regards,Stewart

I want to see a fixed Lower MFD ENG display, so that it is inline with the Upper display, rather than centered to the middle.

FS2004 Forever

The ENG page on the MFD is suppose to be centred. I doubt PMDG would change it so that it was incorrect.mfdeng.PNG

Actually it is not supposed to be centered !!It should be more to the left so that it aligns properly with the Engine Display above it.Fred.

Am happy with the current service pack and would rather they moved on to the second service pack for the Jetstream 41. A plane that has been out a lot longer than the NGX. I waited patiently for the release of the NGX as I hoped that then we would have news about the Jetstream service pack. so I presume that the same team must be working on both products as otherwise there would be no reason for delaying the Jetstream improvements. I have posted here because if PMDG now start working on the next NGX service pack .this could push back the long awaited Jetstream service pack and I have to say as I own both products, I would rather they sorted out the flashing boxes in the VC before they do further work on the NGX

Hi I notice that the Galley power switch is turned on in Cold and Dark. Is this normal.Maybe an animated cabin door that could open and look down the plane.Maybe a checklist that appears infront of you.What about a randomly generated load sheet that you can then fill in to the FMCMaybe the set of Boeing Manuals can that pop up in front of you. Just some light reading while you are flying along lol.Just some thoughts, I love flying this plane.Great job PMDG.