Sign in to follow this  
Richard99_Photography

Strange FSX window position after end flight & crash

Hello folks,I had to format my two HDDs (one running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, the second running FSX) two days ado.Unfortunately, now, after a clean reinstallation of FSX (standard edition) and a completely update of my OS (SP1 and other updates issued so far by Microsoft), when I close the flight I get FSX window in this position.No chance to move into another position or choose FSX menu options. I can only close the program via task manager, because if I press ESC and then choose to close FSX it crashes.My FSX is a standard edition with SP1 and SP2 installed. I have not installed any addons, execpt for PMDG 737NGX with SP1 and -6700 expansion.Strange thing that when I close the flight with a default aircraft the FSX window comes in the correct position and with all its functionalities. So it happens only with the PMDG 737NGX. Very strange that before format my two HDDs I have never had this kind of problem.How can I fix it?I have tried to unistall and install again FSX and PMDG 737NGX about two or three times in these days, but no luck.Thanks.

On the odd occasion, my FSX opens briefly in the same way but then instantly switches to the centre of the screen so it's never been an issue for me.No idea what causes it.

Are you hitting esc to end the flight? That aides somethig similar for me. Ending it through the click menus works fine.

My FSX is also crashing on exit lately. Did some tweaking and assume I did something to cause it. Similar setup as the OP with FSX sp2.I'll pass along any related info I find.r

Ron Marks

CP ASMEL CFI A&P

Are you hitting esc to end the flight? That aides somethig similar for me. Ending it through the click menus works fine.
Negative sir. I always choose to end the flight via FSX menu in flight.Then this window, in this position, appears. At that time nothing I can do, except for pressing ESC button. Finally, if I click on Yes (to the question about closing or not FSX) FSX crashes (with the message "A fatal error occured...").It is quite annoying...I don't know why before formatting I had no problem and now, with a clean FSX installation, I have, very strange!I'll repeat, only with PMDG NGX addon because if I perform a briefly flight with a default aircraft no problems at all.Today I send I ticket to the PMDG support team.

On the odd occasion, my FSX opens briefly in the same way but then instantly switches to the centre of the screen so it's never been an issue for me.No idea what causes it.
Same thing to me. It stay there in angle for a second or two, but after turn in centre position and works perfect. I think it's a problem from video card Nvidia on my system.

Graphics card driver issue, I have had it but rolled my driver back :)
Could you explain me why using default aircraft and quitting the flight I don't have the problem?Anyway, I will try to upgrade my video card driver.

Could you explain me why using default aircraft and quitting the flight I don't have the problem?Anyway, I will try to upgrade my video card driver.
Maybe PMDG sim use some graphic or texture that normally default aircraft in FSX don't use... like an HD texture for VR cockpit or something else... don't now, that's my opinion...

I have it too, but it is not a crash, just click on any menu that is available and then hit ESC and exit FSX.

It happens on startup and its an old FSX problem, nothing to do with the NGX and only affects some people. I think I started getting it around the time of FSX SP1. I just drag it to the centre and all is well. If its at the end and you cannot press anything then I`d tend to wonder if some setting is making it like the old startup fault described in this post. Because thats the exact same position it goes to.Steve

I have it too, but it is not a crash, just click on any menu that is available and then hit ESC and exit FSX.
IDEM for me

I solved the issue on my machine (crash on exit of FSX) by installing the latest FSIUPC.There are other posts with this issue.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020