Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

Question on ILS approach KLAX, RIIVR2 STAR

Here first, is the route and A/C.737-800WLKLAS-KLAXBOACH4.HEC.RIIVR2 @FL200On approach, ATC cleared me for ILS 25LAfter tweaking everything I needed to...FMC, MCP. etc. I noticed that one....All the restrictions had an A next to them in the FMC as they should. So that was normal....what I noticed for the first time, that I have never had a problem with before on this flight, was that during the approach, after hitting 10,000, the FMC kept yelling at me that there was no descent profile after XXX. XXX meaning, as I adjusted, they just sequentially kept popping up on my STAR. I found that the only way I had to fix this, was to just put in the altitudes again in the FMC, this time without the A next to them. Again no big deal, I usually don't Auto Pilot all my flights anyways.The one that really made me thing, and post this though, was that my Course knobs, after auto tuning to 250 (which airnav.com says should have been 249) were not responsive anymore. I could not change them at all. I was going to adjust from 250 to 249, and couldn't. It was not a freeze or anything, they were just locked in place, and I have never had this issue before.Any ideas? As I am almost 100% positive that this has never happened in my flights before.Thanks for reading.Edit:And I do have the latest from Navigraph installed, and an updated KLAX AFCAD.

Here first, is the route and A/C.737-800WLKLAS-KLAXBOACH4.HEC.RIIVR2 @FL200On approach, ATC cleared me for ILS 25LAfter tweaking everything I needed to...FMC, MCP. etc. I noticed that one....All the restrictions had an A next to them in the FMC as they should. So that was normal....what I noticed for the first time, that I have never had a problem with before on this flight, was that during the approach, after hitting 10,000, the FMC kept yelling at me that there was no descent profile after XXX. XXX meaning, as I adjusted, they just sequentially kept popping up on my STAR. I found that the only way I had to fix this, was to just put in the altitudes again in the FMC, this time without the A next to them. Again no big deal, I usually don't Auto Pilot all my flights anyways.The one that really made me thing, and post this though, was that my Course knobs, after auto tuning to 250 (which airnav.com says should have been 249) were not responsive anymore. I could not change them at all. I was going to adjust from 250 to 249, and couldn't. It was not a freeze or anything, they were just locked in place, and I have never had this issue before.Any ideas? As I am almost 100% positive that this has never happened in my flights before.Thanks for reading.Edit:And I do have the latest from Navigraph installed, and an updated KLAX AFCAD.
Yea be interesting in the fix to this since i get this some times as well this usually happens if i make adjustments in the fmc in the alt restrictions before tod

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi William,I do this flight all the time and don't have any problems. What I have noticed is that some of the speed / altitude restrictions that come with Navigraph are a little off. Make sure you cross reference the actual charts to what the FMC has loaded. Since I do this flight very frequently, I know that those particular SIDs and STARs are a bit off and I always make edits before departing.A good place to find (at least US) charts for free is flightaware.com.As for the course freezing issue, I am at a loss :-/Hope that helps!Cheers,

Brandon Burkley

Ya, I usually go to airnav, and flightaware is great also. Sad thing is I had the charts, just got lazy with my checks.The course knob thing really has me stumped also....

If you selected SET FSX LOC CRS to ON under equipment options in the FMC Setup, then it will automatically set the course and override any manual attempt to reset it. I selected this OFF after several misalignments on approaches where it differed from the published chart value.