Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Ultimate Traffic 2 and EGLC

Guys, I bought and installed Ultimate Traffic 2 just today, went to uk2000's new EGLC (awesome) and found all planes on the ramp were Daedalus except mine (in BAW livery). Is there anything I can do with UT2 to make EGLC look more British?Otherwise how to disable UT2 (not removing it yet) to try and compare other traffic packages? What AI packages have better representation for Europe and UK out of the box?Much thanks,Dirk.

Otherwise how to disable UT2 (not removing it yet) to try and compare other traffic packages? What AI packages have better representation for Europe and UK out of the box?
On the UT2 control panel, uncheck "Weekly" and "Daily Traffic Density" and for Daedalus, uncheck "Generic Repaints"George

Dirk,Have a look and post at the UT2 forum http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/default.asp?C=4&title=ultimate-traffic-2-for-fsx perhaps your settings are incorrect.In Traffic Options - Have you checked the boxes that read "Display Traffic", set your percentages (50% & 30% as a start) then ensure that you press the "Update" button's to the right of the UI

\Robert Hamlich/

You also may need to install some repaints to assign to the flights to EGLC. I'm not sure what paints came with UT2 so I can't say for sure. Still, you do realize that every aircraft is not painted? You may need to add paints to fill things up. If you turn off the generic repaints, you turn off the flights that have generic repaints assigned to them.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

You also may need to install some repaints to assign to the flights to EGLC. I'm not sure what paints came with UT2 so I can't say for sure. Still, you do realize that every aircraft is not painted? You may need to add paints to fill things up. If you turn off the generic repaints, you turn off the flights that have generic repaints assigned to them.
Yes, this is the case. I see quite a few planes on the ramp all in Deadalus suit, I have no idea how to find a proper livery for each or just for a single one. I do realize that not every aircraft is painted in UT2 and guess what: there's no SINGLE painted aircraft (but Deadalus) in such a popular airport like London City. Yes, I know I can turn them off all together and get the empty ramp. But following this line of thought I can also exit, remove UT2, install another AI package, get in the game and enjoy life in full colours. Shame. Please share the news when somebody creates a livery pack for UT2, that includes EGLC and other popular airports where they have Deadalus in the current UT2 version.Thanks,Dirk.

You also may need to install some repaints to assign to the flights to EGLC. I'm not sure what paints came with UT2 so I can't say for sure.
It's all 'Fly Deadalus' dodeadalus.jpgThere's no clear tutorial on how to substitute even a single plane out of Deadalus legion. I don't understand different partial instructions I went throught on how to install AI, what is WOAI, how to install liveries, textures etc... I've got what I see and I don't want to fly with this. I would need a clear straight example for a single plane in my EGLC for UT2.09+Power pack, I think I could then move from that point on by myself.Dirk.
In Traffic Options - Have you checked the boxes that read "Display Traffic", set your percentages (50% & 30% as a start) then ensure that you press the "Update" button's to the right of the UI
Robert, and where shall I put the Traffic sliders in FSX UI? Do those that you mentioned in UT2 supersede the FSX' traffic settings? Do they cooperate with each other in some way?Thanks,Dirk.

HelloMyTrafficX 5.4 is a better choice for us europeans as UT2 lacks a lot of the charter airlines so no easyjet,ryanair ect.http://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-x-pro.phtmlThis will get your airports full of the european charter airlines and national carriers, and they are now all fully FSX models.

It's all 'Fly Deadalus'dodeadalus.jpgThere's no clear tutorial on how to substitute even a single plane out of Deadalus legion. I don't understand different partial instructions I went throught on how to install AI, what is WOAI, how to install liveries, textures etc... I've got what I see and I don't want to fly with this. I would need a clear straight example for a single plane in my EGLC for UT2.09+Power pack, I think I could then move from that point on by myself.Dirk.Robert, and where shall I put the Traffic sliders in FSX UI? Do those that you mentioned in UT2 supersede the FSX' traffic settings? Do they cooperate with each other in some way?Thanks,Dirk.
First question: Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to fsx? There really isn't that much to do with an airport like EGLC if you know how to install add on aircraft.Visit the UT2 licensed user forums. This question has been covered a number of times in that forum and replacing paints is very easy.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

First question: Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to fsx? There really isn't that much to do with an airport like EGLC if you know how to install add on aircraft.Visit the UT2 licensed user forums. This question has been covered a number of times in that forum and replacing paints is very easy.
I've been there, as I mentioned I went through different docs and readmes and other bits on how to install this and that. But I can't connect that to what I see on the screenshot above. A clear and consistent tutorial even just for a single plane (how to replace one of Deadelus as per the above) is badly needed. Unfotunately no one has time to walk this through.Dirk.
HelloMyTrafficX 5.4 is a better choice for us europeans as UT2 lacks a lot of the charter airlines so no easyjet,ryanair ect.http://secure.simmar...fic-x-pro.phtmlThis will get your airports full of the european charter airlines and national carriers, and they are now all fully FSX models.
This sounds like a good advice in my situation. I started from MyTraffic in fs2004. How is it performance wise these days?Thanks,Dirk.

MyTrafficX 5.4 is a better choice for us europeans as UT2 lacks a lot of the charter airlines so no easyjet,ryanair ect.
Easyjet and Ryanair are low cost carriers, not charter.....and they are both in my version of UT2. Nevertheless, I agree with Dirk that it would be nice to see a full schedule of all those UK airlines that are not included in UT2 as standard, together with clear instructions on where to get the plane models and textures :(

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

pceeglc.jpgIt takes some work but you can certainly fill in all the holes of UTII. I'd recommend a program like Super Traffic Board to help ID missing airlines (not required but its a huge help). I'd say you're best off starting with major carriers like British Airways and Air France as they are nowhere near complete out of the box. Those two alone will fill up EGLC.If you really want to get deep you can also replace some of the horrible models included with UTII such as their Avros and ATRs but this means using FS9 AI models.If you want shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to give more detailed instructions and share any models/paints you may be looking for.

It takes some work but you can certainly fill in all the holes of UTII. I'd recommend a program like Super Traffic Board to help ID missing airlines (not required but its a huge help). I'd say you're best off starting with major carriers like British Airways and Air France as they are nowhere near complete out of the box. Those two alone will fill up EGLC.If you really want to get deep you can also replace some of the horrible models included with UTII such as their Avros and ATRs but this means using FS9 AI models.If you want shoot me a PM and I'd be happy to give more detailed instructions and share any models/paints you may be looking for.
Sam, I'm not afraid of work on it as I really want to fill in the holes in EGLC for the beginning. AVROS, ATRs and even EMB170/190 by UT2 are horrible indeed. I'm sending you my email. At least I won't bother you with basic questions like how to copy/replace, where's fsx.cfg etc., so no worries here, thank you very much.Dirk.

The E170/190s are actually good models, they are AI Aardvark models updated for FSX. But the AVROs and ATRs are total garbage. And finding paints for the UTII versions is basically impossible.I would recommend to start the Avro 100-300 models by Fernando Martinez (FMAI) which should be available in the avsim libraryfor the ATRs grab the models by Oskari Syynimaa (OSP)

The E170/190s are actually good models, they are AI Aardvark models updated for FSX. But the AVROs and ATRs are total garbage.
I've seen much better models of e170/190 when shortly testing some craftsman's 'unfair' package, but the liveries of E170 to some reason where a mirror of my own plane with exactly the same numbers, so it made me thinking...Dirk.

There may be better looking models but its a tradeoff, AI Aardvark are generally very high quality, with TONS of repaints available, and since the UTII versions are FSX native they are a great base to work with.I would recommend only replacing models where the quality is truly sub-par or repaints just arent available for the included UTII aircraft.