Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

Ultimate Traffic 2 and EGLC

I would recommend only replacing models where the quality is truly sub-par or repaints just arent available for the included UTII aircraft.
Oh yes, sure. So, Avros and ATRs are horrible, no liveries but Deadalus. Correction, I saw only one custom livery on Air France ATR, I think, and I'm talking about London City.Dirk.

I'd be happy to explain how to install new aircraft in to UT2 but I really need to know where to start. Back to my original question - Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to FSX? Can you download an aircraft from AVSIM and manually install it in to FSX? Can you manually install a repaint in to FSX? If so, you already have 90% of the information you need. Installing AI aircraft is basically the same as installing user aircraft. Getting them in to UT2 can be confusing at first but the process is actually very simple once you get the hang of it.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

Easyjet and Ryanair are low cost carriers, not charter.....and they are both in my version of UT2. Nevertheless, I agree with Dirk that it would be nice to see a full schedule of all those UK airlines that are not included in UT2 as standard, together with clear instructions on where to get the plane models and textures smile.png
Hello ChristopherWhen you update UT2 to the latest schedule (that was one of the reasons to buy it, real world schedules) you will lose RyanAir Easyjet and as you say the rest of the low cost carriers along with a lot of cargo operatorsAt that point UT2 is useless to us Europeans unless we add our own Schedules, but if we wanted to mess around with that what was the point of buying the thing.MyTrafficX has all of these european companies and also has the option of integrating UT2 schedules.Just an all round better package with far larger coverage and superbe support from the author.So if you want your UK airports to reflect what is really there either learn to add your own traffic to UT2, or buy MyTrafficX from a european developer who has spent many years perfecting his product.And in the latest version all of the aircraft are true FSX models not FS9 stuff that will drag your frames down.Just read through this feature list to V5.4 to see the work that has gone into thishttp://secure.simmarket.com/mytraffic-x-pro.phtml

Mad Dog, thanks for making it all clear, I'm bought out. I'll go get me MyTraffic X and start digging it. Thanks for your helpful posts, guys.Dirk.

Mad dog, you've saved me a ton of grey mass since I started to wonder (and 'dig') for the reasons of no UT2 traffic at EGLC. Thanks a lot!Lets see if reverting back to older schedules helps on UT2. I'd rather have some traffic instead of none.Funny thing, it took me some time to decide about whether to buy the updated schedules and now I revert back. Rolling%20Eyes.gif

Funny thing, it took me some time to decide about whether to buy the updated schedules and now I revert back. Rolling%20Eyes.gif
I think last winter's schedules were the best. When I updated to the Summer 2011 schedules i lost the daily Emirates A380 out of EGCC. So I thought I'd get the new ones, Autumn/Winter 2011. When I saw the filesize was about half of that of the others, I didn't bother. I am now back to the Winter 2010 schedules and much happier.Oh, and MyTrafficX as well -- just got the 5.4 update and will install that tomorrow.RegardsPete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I think I've read that before, but am I assuming correctly that you are running both traffic addons, UT2 and MTX together?What I've liked about UT2 is that is does not depend on bgl files. That's actually what's holding me back from going MTX although the facts on 5.4 sound really good.Thanks for the tip on the best schedule. You are right, the filesize differs quite a bit.Still funny that being not current in that aspect may be the better solution for some of us, including me.

I'd be happy to explain how to install new aircraft in to UT2 but I really need to know where to start. Back to my original question - Do you know how to install add on aircraft in to FSX? Can you download an aircraft from AVSIM and manually install it in to FSX? Can you manually install a repaint in to FSX? If so, you already have 90% of the information you need. Installing AI aircraft is basically the same as installing user aircraft. Getting them in to UT2 can be confusing at first but the process is actually very simple once you get the hang of it.
I know how to install add on aircraft, I can download from AVSIM and follow readme files. I did install repaints in my manned (vs AI) aircrafts in FSX. So it's already 90% of the information? Then I have horrible ATR and Avros in EGLC, all models are Deadalus (except I think for ATR by Air France). Anyway I'd like to have a simplified mix of the following in proper liveries:------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Wiki: Mid-range airliners seen at London City include the ATR 42 (both −300 and −500 variants), ATR72, Airbus A318, DHC Dash 8, BAe 146, Dornier 328, Embraer ERJ 135, Embraer 170,[12] Embraer 190 and Fokker 50. On 30 January 2009, trials were completed successfully with the ATR72-500, leading to its approval for use at the airport.[13] The Embraer 190SR underwent trials from 28 March 2009, and thereafter gained approval.[13] The Fokker F70, BAe Jetstream 41, Saab 340 and Saab 2000 also have approval for scheduled operations at the airport. Corporate aircraft such as the Beechcraft Super King Air, Cessna CitationJet series, Hawker 400, Hawker 800, Piaggio Avanti and variants of the Dassault Falcon business jets are increasingly common. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Let's say I'd like to dress Citifyers in BA liveries and add Luxair's E145 to the traffic? What should I do next?Thanks, Dirk.

I think last winter's schedules were the best. When I updated to the Summer 2011 schedules i lost the daily Emirates A380 out of EGCC. So I thought I'd get the new ones, Autumn/Winter 2011. When I saw the filesize was about half of that of the others, I didn't bother. I am now back to the Winter 2010 schedules and much happier.Oh, and MyTrafficX as well -- just got the 5.4 update and will install that tomorrow.RegardsPete
Pete, please share how you will blend it with UT2, particularly I'll be interested in the Traffic sliders, as I intend to buy MyTrafficX 5.4 too. Interesting, what traffic combination you'll settle on.Thanks,Dirk.
Mad dog, you've saved me a ton of grey mass since I started to wonder (and 'dig') for the reasons of no UT2 traffic at EGLC. Thanks a lot!Lets see if reverting back to older schedules helps on UT2. I'd rather have some traffic instead of none.Funny thing, it took me some time to decide about whether to buy the updated schedules and now I revert back. Rolling%20Eyes.gif
I found this post by wildtomcat:
very often users complain about after installing a new schedule such as Fall2011some airlines are missing they had before such as Ryan Air, Blue Air (from Su2009 = the original) orJetblue Airways, Homer Air (from Su2011)They are in the UT2Weekly_Official.old file after installing a new one.If you like to see themyou could rename the file to e.g. UT2Weekly_Su10.dbThis way you use both databases parallel.Of course only select those airlines active that are missing - otherwise you would nearly double your ai traffic!No need deactiviating all airlines (hundreds!) manually firstit can be done with a SQL manager program.E.g. if using Firefox browser there´s a Sqlite-Manager addon HEREAfter opening the old DB execute a query like:update Operatorsset Active='False'and airlines are deactivated in a second. Activate missing airlines within UT2 - Traffic options - Database Management
See if it helps your objective.Dirk.

Guys, is there a way to avoid installation or better move Ultimate Traffic 2 (>4Gb size) folder from disk C:? Thanks,Dirk.

Pete, please share how you will blend it with UT2, particularly I'll be interested in the Traffic sliders, as I intend to buy MyTrafficX 5.4 too. Interesting, what traffic combination you'll settle on.
There's no need to "blend". The traffic sliders only affect MTX. not UT2. UT's traffic is injected and not done by compiled BGLs, and the amount it injects is controlled by its dials in its control program.In the MTX configuring program you can opt generate the Traffic BGLs without including those airlines which UT2 will be generating -- so that way MTX automatically fills in the omissions and adds military, cargo and GA. I currently don't even bother to make this selection as I'm very happy with lots of traffic from the regular airlines as well as the fill-ins which MTX does.RegardsPete

There's no need to "blend". The traffic sliders only affect MTX. not UT2. UT's traffic is injected and not done by compiled BGLs, and the amount it injects is controlled by its dials in its control program. In the MTX configuring program you can opt generate the Traffic BGLs without including those airlines which UT2 will be generating -- so that way MTX automatically fills in the omissions and adds military, cargo and GA. I currently don't even bother to make this selection as I'm very happy with lots of traffic from the regular airlines as well as the fill-ins which MTX does. Regards Pete
Pete, did you disable UT2 traffic? If so, how did you do that? Just moved UT2/Traffic options/Weekly Traffic and Daily traffic sliders to 0%. Btw, originally I asked about these sliders in UT2, not in FSX's UI. Another advise to disable UT2 without uninstalling it was to rename UltimateTraffic2.exe and UT2Services.exe to something else. Perhaps I'd just edit Ultimate Traffic 2 entry in exe.xml I understand you are happy with MyTraffic X 5.4 now? I'll go and buy it in a moment too, but having purchased UT2, I have to learn it as well, even if I never intended to do so. Dirk.

What a wonderful surpirse! Simmarket found that I had purchased MyTraffic X, so instead of paying EUR 41.65 I'm just paying the price of update, which is EUR 14.00. I've finally switched to FSX just recently with i7-2600k/gtx580 upgrade, so I forgot at all I had MyTraffic basis already.Cheers,Dirk.

Pete, did you disable UT2 traffic?
No, I use both UT2 and MTX. I like to see traffic on the air ways, and UT2 traffic follows flight plans which mostly use the airways. MTX like all BGL-based traffic fly direct.
If so, how did you do that? Just moved UT2/Traffic options/Weekly Traffic and Daily traffic sliders to 0%.
If you want to do that, that is the easiest way. Otherwise you need to stop the UT2Services program running. It's an entry in your EXE.XML file.
Btw, originally I asked about these sliders in UT2, not in FSX's UI.
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood. I have my weekly one set to 100% and my daily (mostly GA) to 50 or less.
I understand you are happy with MyTraffic X 5.4 now?
I'm installing it later today. Currently I'm on version 5.3b.Pete

No, I use both UT2 and MTX. I like to see traffic on the air ways, and UT2 traffic follows flight plans which mostly use the airways. MTX like all BGL-based traffic fly direct.
I'm much closer to understanding how it should be blended nicely. But how to avoid the mix up of UT2 and MTX traffic on the ground? Indeed it'd be great to see UT2 traffic on the airways, but I imagine there may be problems of the UT2 arriving/departing traffic and MTX bgl traffic in an airport?Thanks,Dirk.