Sign in to follow this  
johndrago

Engine Smoke & Strange Engine Behavior

Hi Guys,I've been flying the NGX since release. Everything has been pretty smooth for me without the initial hotfixes. I did the upgrade to SP1, and I have the expansion pack for the 600/700. Again, all went well. I've taken several flights now with the 700, and all of a sudden today, something strange started during engine start.When I start the engines, the spool up process goes normal, the displays look normal (see screenshot), but after the engines settle into idle, both of them start to spew smoke (see screenshot), and my throttles (although moving fine visually), don't have any affect on the speed. I can shut them down, restart, and the same thing happens. I don't have any failures active (see screenshot)I follow my checklists. Again, I have been flying this plane since day one without this problem. Each flight is a fresh flight from cold and dark. I don't use saved flights. Per PMDG recommendations, I load the plane from the FSX menu each time.I've tried this 4 times in a row, each time closing FSX and restarting to make sure it's fresh, and it keeps happening.Any help would be greatly appreciated!Thanks,Johnengines.jpgenginedisplay.jpg

I have had that happen to me on the 747-400x and MD-11X before at one time or another. Usually happens after a crash and reloading a saved flight. Try reloading FSX again choose another plane see if it's smoking. If not then try loading up the NGX and start from any of the default NGX Panel states. If all else fails restart your computer.If none of that helps then blame Craig Harris. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif Maybe he was the last one to use your plane and lost his reversers. If that's the case call maintenence, and while your waiting for them, hunt Craig down and beat his a@@ up! LMAO.gif

Remember when your reversers don't work, don't worry instead open that window and throw your lunch into the engine. :) Works every time.Craig Harris

Oi Oi Oi... Thought my ear was twitching! Well yes actually I meant throw the lunch in... NOT the lunch box hence your current problem.To fix:-Open the engine cowling-Begin taking each pipe one by one out-Replace most internal parts including injection system-Put back togetherAnd hey presto no more smoke but probably oil leaks as CFM engines for some reason the way the pipes are if you need to get to the centre ones then you need to take the ones around them out too and you know what they say, once you've unsettled it then... (Or so I've been told from engineers)On another note the smoking may be because you've left the bake potato in the microwave in the forward galley too long... Go check on it!Or on a realistic Flight Simulator note, take Paul's advice.In any account, happy landings.