Sign in to follow this  
ABE

Loading terrain data

All of a sudden, loading terrain data is taking a major hit - excruciatingly sloooooow.Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Service Pack 13.33 gigahertz Intel Core i7 97564-bit readyMulti-core (4 total)Hyper-threaded (8 total)6136 Megabytes Usable Installed MemoryNVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 IDLE CPU 70 MEM USAGE 24 KFSX.EXE CPU 43 MEM 333516 VM 327468No other application significantly running.....Ran FSX several times with the same result - took about half an hour at least to run.Appreciate any help.Thanks.Abe

I've noticed this on mine too. Not quite as bad as yours, but I've certainly noticed it just sits there at 6% for several minutes (making you think it's frozen) before picking up again. Regards,Tom

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

The same happens to me. Maybe it's the amount of Addons we have, or maybe the size. I have CYYZ2007 scenery. It makes it very slow around the 50%-60% place then, it speeds up at 70.

I have another instance of FSX operating in Windows 7 - working perfectly and up to speed.Does anybody know of the sequence of applications that run within FSX?Thanks.Abe

Guest jahman

What do you mean by:

...the sequence of applications that run within FSX?
Cheers,- jahman.

I mean loading terrain in certain order - scenery complexity.....etc........traffic.......other......

Guest jahman

You can't specifiy an order for FSX to load installed modules, except for the scenery library, where you can specify which scenery FSX should load when two scenry elements have equal resolution.Cheers,- jahman.

What I meant was NOT ME specifying the order, but FSX following a certain order which can be tracked to find out what is causing the sudden excessive delay in loading.Thanks and Cheers,Abe

Guest jahman
...FSX following a certain order which can be tracked to find out what is causing the sudden excessive delay in loading.
Not sure how to go about finding this out, but I'm interested in knowing!Perhaps using a debugger set-up to list the names of files being accessed in a window and filtered to only show *.bgl?Cheers,- jahman.

Jahman, hope somebody a LOT smarter than me can do that. At least for now, I can enjoy my other FSX running on the WINDOWS7 partition which HUMS FLAWLESSLY and SPEEDILY !!Thanks.Abe

Guest jahman
Jahman, hope somebody a LOT smarter than me can do that...
Sure, many others smarter than you or me read these posts! :Big Grin:Cheers,- jahman.

HelloSame here as of this morning, last night it was fine.All I did in between was uninstall one addon.

What's the ADDON? - maybe this is the SOLUTION (lol)
HelloWithout conclusive proof I would not feel it correct to say in a public forum.Could be my system just got flakey and threw this error.Anyway a full reinstall of the OS and the Sim is not a bad thing now and then, luckily I have the next week off workWhat else would i rather be doing, but sitting here drinking beer , listening to some blues and throwing disk after disk into my DVD drivesmile.png

UpdateTurned out that my install of UK2000 VFR Airfields Vol 1 had somehow become corrupted.Reinstalled the package and all is well.