Sign in to follow this  
OverNightExpress

Decrease In FPS With Mouse

Right now im getting good FPS running two monitors. One monitor is just for VC while the other monitor hilds the 2d panels. Everytime the mouse is on the VC side my FPS go down, any suggestions.ideas why?

Known problem. It happens on all aircraft. It's a FSX issue, not a PMDG one, but some aircraft suffer more than others, probably has something to do with the number or clickspots, and a 737 has lots of switches. (apparently the Ifly suffers from this as well)

Try an disable your mouse shadow that kind of helps a little, but i will say it does not resolve the issues all together.. Steve

I've never noticed I had this issue until last night as I'm tweaking my graphic settings. At the gate my fps can sit around 35-50 then drop immediately by approx 10-15 frames when the arrow is showing, if I leave the mouse alone it goes back up when the arrow disappears. Can't remember if it did it in Windows 7 Pro (x64) but is currently doing it in XP (x64). Changing the pointer properties doesn't seem to do anything, its always shown as an arrow. Wish I knew a way of helping it as I use the mouse as I would my right hand, I like to click the switches in the vc as I would IRL

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Try parking the cursor in the top left hand corner of the screen when you're not using it.John

Try parking the cursor in the top left hand corner of the screen when you're not using it.John
Sure your cursor hides itself if no movement within a few seconds, well mine does. FPS will also increase if cursor is shown but I move the cursor arrow onto the tab menu at the top rather than inside the main display

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson