Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eSimmer

How to move everything from 128 to 256GB SSD. Help needed

I think I know how to do this but it's not my specialty. I have Acronis home plus. In order to move everythingfrom my 128GB SSD would I just use Acronis to backup the 128GB and then use an Acronis startup diskto restore the backup\image to the bigger SSD?What about programs that rely on "hardware" id for licensing?Or would it be more feasible to just move only FSX to the bigger SSD.?Wouldn't there still be problems for programs\addons such as aircraft.?There is that pesky registry. If I remove FSX from my "C" drive I regain ~75GBsof space. Right now I have 28GBs remaining.1) move all of my current "C" to a bigger SSD2) move only FSX to the bigger SSD3 just reinstall FSX on the bigger SSD and, re-license everything again.( not what I want to do )What i am trying to avoid is reinstalling FSXI do need some help on this, if anyone would be so kind?

I think I know how to do this but it's not my specialty. I have Acronis home plus. In order to move everythingfrom my 128GB SSD would I just use Acronis to backup the 128GB and then use an Acronis startup diskto restore the backupimage to the bigger SSD?What about programs that rely on "hardware" id for licensing?Or would it be more feasible to just move only FSX to the bigger SSD.?Wouldn't there still be problems for programsaddons such as aircraft.?There is that pesky registry. If I remove FSX from my "C" drive I regain ~75GBsof space. Right now I have 28GBs remaining.1) move all of my current "C" to a bigger SSD2) move only FSX to the bigger SSD3 just reinstall FSX on the bigger SSD and,re-license everything again.( not what I want to do )What i am trying to avoid is reinstalling FSXI do need some help on this, if anyone would be so kind?
How about just cloning the old to the new? You could use your 128Gb for data. Alternatively, especially if you have OS & FSX on the same partition, you could decide to start all over and do your OS on the 128Gb and FSX on the 250Gb. Or vice versa depending on your needs. Good luck, I'd need help too on that one.Noel

How about just cloning the old to the new? You could use your 128Gb for data. Alternatively, especially if you have OS & FSX on the same partition, you could decide to start all over and do your OS on the 128Gb and FSX on the 250Gb. Or vice versa depending on your needs. Good luck, I'd need help too on that one.Noel
Hi Noel,that's exactly the advice I got from some other computer gurus: There's however, one additional step involved besides cloningthat would have screwed it. I don't think I would have figured it out given what I know.