Sign in to follow this  
JetNoise

Follow on Flight - Lost CMD-1

Hi Pilots, PMDG supportjust finished a flight from EDDP to ENGM.I shut down all the sytems as for turning around the aircraft for a follow-on flight.I entered a new flightplan fom ENGM back to EDDP and everything looked fine so far.I set up the aircraft for S/U - P/B - taxy and T/OAfter T/O, I was not able to engage CMD-1 again, FDs were set correctly (I believe ;-)Deselected all autoflight options and toggled the AP dissengage bar, reselected autoflight (LNAV/VNAV/ATHR)No joyI tried CMD-2 (was engaged manually instead) and it worked fine for the rest of the flight, except APP dual mode mode on final.(ILS freqs were checked -ok)Nevertheless I made it safe back to EDDP.What could be the reasen for this behaviour ? (BUG/ Feature/ Pilots error)Oliver

--

Hi Armen,

Hi Olivier,I believe its a feature! Have a look here:http://forum.avsim.n...2-only-working/
Does that happen also with "FAILURES" set to "OFF" ? (No service based failures)Yes, I could have broken the FCC by applying too much control force (110lb equivalent) to the yoke during my T/O getting the aircraft back to an intercept course for LNAV to catch up ?EDIT: But that must have happened AFTER CMD A did not engage ....Whistle.gifOliver

--

Oliver,What happens if you restart FSX then do the next flight?Or, select a different model PMDGNGX aircraft, then switch back to your first aircraft?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I would never switch PMDG aircraft in FSX !!!! :smile:One thing you can check - I recall that maybe when this does happen, check the failures page to see if you can repair it.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I would never switch PMDG aircraft in FSX !!!! smile.pngOne thing you can check - I recall that maybe when this does happen, check the failures page to see if you can repair it.
"I would never switch PMDG aircraft in FSX !!!"Why?

Best Regards,

Weve been saying this for years ..... because FSX can't deal with it ! So please avoid !!!

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Weve been saying this for years ..... because FSX can't deal with it !So please avoid !!!
From PMDG manual (Intro).One shortcoming of all PMDG products for FSX is that ourproducts do not like to be “re-loaded.” This means that if youhave one variant of the airplane selected and running within thesimulation world (say, a 737-800 with winglets) and you wish tochange liveries to a different 737-800 with winglets, you may runinto a simulator lock-up if this is not done carefully.Getting around this limitation is simple: Load a different variantfrom the one you currently have loaded in the simulator. Usingour example above, since we are already flying a 737-800 withwinglets, simply choose a 737-800 or a 737-900, and thenchoose the 737-800 winglet model you wanted in the first place.This easy method will keep you from having to reload FSX whenswitching between liveries!

Best Regards,

My vote is pilot error (if you read most of my posts, you'll see a running theme there):Did you reset the MCP after landing by turning both FDs off and then back on before the next flight?I forget what the reqs are for AP engagement, but are you violating any of those? Perhaps you tried to engage AP1 too low or in some situation that had passed by the time you went to used AP2.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi PilotsThanx for your answers.Back to my post: I did not change aircraft. I finished my flight and set up for a new one.I basically started the checklist from point APU start, setting up the FMC for the new one, Pudhback, Taxi and T/O like i would do for any other flight.My assumption, FMC/ autopilot did not correctly recover from APP mode from the ladt landing.Yes, FDs were switched of after landing or at the gate/ can't recall now ;-)Oliver

--