Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Can't see/find the moon

I downloaded and installed new moon textures now when I go intt the sim to see the new textures no matter what date I put in the sim I can not find the moon. Did I delete the moon? I do have REX, maybe that has something to do with it? What date can I put so that I can guarantee I see a full moon?

Hi,I've been recently "researching" the moon behaviour in FS9... smile.png here's the post: http://forum.avsim.n...51883-the-moon/I found out that the moon is missing from the sky for 14 days or so. Try October 18th at 11:20 GMT (4:20 AM local time) at San Francisco, KSFO. The moon should be near overhead. Since I've changed the bitmaps as shown in the above mentioned post, I see the correct last quarter phase, but you should see a different phase.If you do not see the moon on this date, try a few days and hours later/earlier. If that fails, temporarily install back the default textures. Once you find the date and hour with the moon in the sky, you can then switch back to the new moon textures.Regards,Jure

Thank you. I seen the moon when I was at San Francisco (the new moon textures looked really nice). The moon is real hard to see in FS9. I was going to all different cities and times trying to see it.When I saw he moon at San Francisco it was a half moon. I will try your changes in the other thread later tonight.