Sign in to follow this  
BillCusick

Do RW NG Drivers have this problem ?

I Need a Brain Transplant.This BNGX is a brilliant aircraft, and I'm really enjoying it, even on my system. However, I have one major problem.I have flown the tutorial many times, and usually I can land at EHAM ok (Well I can usually walk away !).However there are occasions when I'm suddenly above the runway and running out of time - my fingers will not do what my brain wants them to do. The sim isrunning too fast...I really do not want to run at half speed, but I've gotta try and sort this out.One minute I'm passing NIRSI, then I'm having to hit the 'P' key.. Whew.gifI sincerely hope that there are no RW NG pilots out there who may have felt in the same situation at some point on approach....Ok. Lets go again. Where are we...set 1/3rd fuel, flaps to 5, RTO selected..Phew..Do I need a copilot to share this problem with ? (My flight attendant is no help)LOL.gifRegardsBill

you can feel that way flying anything if you loose situational awarness, its a horrible feeling where by everything you know goes out the window and for a short time you become a passenger, probably less likely as an airline pilot due to the recency, exceptional training and 2 legends instead of one but there are exceptions to the rule

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Hi Bill.. I sincerely hope an experienced NG driver doesn't have that problem very often! However I do believe that you can easily get stressed during an approach to a new destination in unfamiliar terrain and having to listen to ATC with a very poor accent. The less experienced you are the easier is it to get stressed. So keep practising. One day you can do that approach blindfolded no sweat! Have fun! :)

Preparation is the key... work through the flows methodically and you will be able to remain ahead of the aircraft at all times... remember the simple "aviate, navigate, communicate"...Fly the plane, learn where the necessary items are on the panels, so that you will not need to hunt for them at critical moments in time. Keep your speeds within the necessary windows for approach sectors. If anything, I find approaching the larger airports easier. Real palm sweating occurs when approaching a narrower and shorter field at 130KIAS... the runway really does lunge up at you then...Keep practising... it may not make perfect, but you will certainly get better!Andrew

It is a symptom of letting the plane get ahead of the pilot. You can reduce it a lot by planning ahead. Instead of relaxing during that ten minutes of peace before ToD, spend it rehearsing your approach. Know what you are going to do and when you are going to do it, before you need to, and you will find that you have time to enjoy the view, or deal with that flashing warning light...

It is a symptom of letting the plane get ahead of the pilot. You can reduce it a lot by planning ahead. Instead of relaxing during that ten minutes of peace before ToD, spend it rehearsing your approach. Know what you are going to do and when you are going to do it, before you need to, and you will find that you have time to enjoy the view, or deal with that flashing warning light...
Good advice. I always go by the old saying of never put your aircraft anywhere where your brain hasn't been 5 minutes previously.

<< Good advice. I always go by the old saying of never put your aircraft anywhere where your brain hasn't been 5 minutes previously >>Ha !That's good advice also. ..but what do you do when your brain has slowed down to a crawl ? Deploy the spoilers ?LMAO.gifActually my post was intended as humour - and to see if many suffer the same...It's amazing to find that on some flights everything goes extremely well, and I pull up at the gate without a problem.Then the next flight....goes pear shaped...Thank heavens it's only a simWhew.gifRegards