Sign in to follow this  
geomak

FlyTampa-Athens(LGAV)_Problem, with default MS B.737

I just purchased and installed in FSX, the FlyTampa-Athens scenery. Something very strange is happening with this software. I will try to explain the best I can. When I take off from LGAV in the default MS "Boeing 737-800" and immediately after I leave the ground and even if I am quite far from LGAV, or if I have even landed in a near by other airport (like LGTT or LGAT or LGKN) and I want to end the flight by pressing Esc, the flight gets interrupted normally, after I click on End Flight, but strangely immediately afterwards, this same FSX "End Flight" dialog box, appears again for a second time, inside the main FSX interface, asking once more if I want to End Flight, or Continue Flying, or View Flight Analysis. After that, if I click on End Flight again, the program stops responding and I get a hard time to get out of FSX, even with Ctrl-Alt-Delete. I have tried it many times with the same result. It seems like if 2 same programs run one behind the other, because I have to try to get out of FSX twice. After all this trouble, I get the usual MS window, asking if I want to report this fatal error to MS. The error has to do with "hungapp" in the error report. This problem happens "ONLY WITH THE DEFAULT MS BOEING 737". Not with other planes, MS's or addons. I contacted FlyTampa's support but they didn't know about this issue and they suggested to post in this CTD Forum. My OS is XP32Pro SP3, Recognized RAM 3.25GB, Gr.Card ATI Radeon HD4870, CPU Intel Core2 Quad Q9650 3.00GHz. I hope somebody knows something about this problem.

Guest firehawk44

Have you tried disabling the FlyTampa scenery to see if this scenery is at fault? (Go to the Scenery Library and uncheck the FlyTampa scenery and then Go Fly). I could not duplicate the issue with the default FSX scenery. One individual who had a similar problem deleted the FSX.cfg, restarted FSX and let the config rebuild itself (Google: esc key not working properly fsx). I could be a stuck key on your keyboard too but think it's more likely an issue with the FSX.cfg.Best regards,Jim

Thank you for your answer Jim,I tried what you suggested and disabled FlyTampa’s scenery. I unchecked it, in the scenery library of FSX. The described problem stopped immediately. So this problem is a compatibility issue between FlyTampa's scenery and the default 737-800 in FSX. This happens only with this specific plane, as I mentioned before. It is a pity that in FlyTampa’s support, they don't know the solution to this problem. Best Regards,George

Guest firehawk44
Thank you for your answer Jim,I tried what you suggested and disabled FlyTampa’s scenery. I unchecked it, in the scenery library of FSX. The described problem stopped immediately. So this problem is a compatibility issue between FlyTampa's scenery and the default 737-800 in FSX. This happens only with this specific plane, as I mentioned before. It is a pity that in FlyTampa’s support, they don't know the solution to this problem. Best Regards,George
I don't have that scenery; otherwise I would try to duplicate. In defense of FlyTampa, you would think many others would have reported this problem already. I'm now thinking the scenery did not install properly. Perhaps you should try that and make sure you have UAC and any anti-virus program disabled when you do try to reinstall. Before you reinstall, make sure you have updated your XP Pro OS and that you have the latest edition of dotnet 4 (for XP systems) installed. Also the Microsoft Visuals C++ Redistributables going back to 2005 to 2010. Dotnet and MSV's are used by developers to properly install their products and, if you don't have the latest and greatest, problems could occur. It is unbelievable though that it only crashes with the default 737-800 and nothing else. Did you modify the default 737?Best regards,Jim

Thank you for still trying to help me Jim,I did what you suggested reinstalling ".net4" and "MS Visual C++ 2010" and "FlyTampa_Athens", very carefully and step by step, in case that a file was somehow corrupted. I also checked how FSX reacted after every separate action I took. The problem seemed to be solved until my last action which was to activate "FlyTampa_Athens" airport in the AES program of the German Aerosoft. The described problem reappeared exactly as before, after the activation. So I know now that AES program is responsible for this specific problem with the default 737-800. I didn’t suspect this before because FlyTampa strongly recommend the use of AES program.I will contact Aerosoft's support team about this specific problem. I know that they will be able to solve it. They are good developers. Thank you again,Best Regards,George

Guest firehawk44

The MSV's and dotnet programs are extremely important for the proper operation of FSX. Make sure you have Windows Update turned on as there have been many updates since Windows 7 was released (it is automatically installed for Windows 7; not for previous OS's). Most program developers, like Orbx/FTX state you must have at least version 3.5 of dotnet. Since FSX is an old program and some of the addons are from FS9 days, I have installed all MSV's from 2005-2010. I personally think the AES program is very buggy and not compatible with many FSX programs. I bought some credits and tried it but didn't like it so it's gone forever. FSDT is working on another version and I look forward to seeing that.Best regards,Jim