Sign in to follow this  
VOR_Active

A strange missed approach at LSZH

Ladies and Gentlemen,as the title says. I was about to complete, with an automated landing option, the 1st tutorial flight EGLL - LSZH, fully established on RWY 14 for ILS , LOC and G/S shown on the FMA, and at aroungd 1000ft before touchdown i hear the engines at full power and the aircraft started slowly slowly climbing executing something like a missed approach. Although the missed approach was inside the FMC and it was shown on the ND in magenda, the aircraft was climbing away with the RWY heading towards the Alps. I tried to change some data on the FMC to return back for another approach but I ended up doing things that the most obvious result was to face the ground very soon. Immediately with a sweaty and shaking hand i pressed the Holy 'Esc' button smile.pngsmile.pngWhat possible happened during the 1st approach?

Hard to tell, first place to look for cues is the FMA Flight Mode Annunciator on the upper part of the PFD. Look here whenever you ask, "why is she doing that?"

Dan Downs KCRP

Whenever I get into those "##### is it doing" situations, I press the red button on the yoke twice, and that seems to resolve the problem.Paul

On the FMA, as i mentioned in my first post, was shown that the LOC and the G/S both as captured and till that time the approach and descend procedure were normal. Well anyway apart from this strange situation, for me it was a pleasure to see and feel what the flightdeck crews are facing, perhaps every day around the globe, up there and also to realise that this bird is a real beauty.It will be interesting to write here strange situations or strange behaviour of the aircraft during your virtual flying and why not during real flyingThank you

Whenever I get into those "##### is it doing" situations, I press the red button on the yoke twice, and that seems to resolve the problem.Paul
Excuse me for offtopic, but are you speaking about the RED BUTTON? The one that releases rockets? LMAO.gifSeriously... Panos are you sure you did not press TOGA button (probably assigned to joystick or keyb.)? If you are able to reproduce the same situation, give us some screenshots along with the screenshot of the FMC screen, that could help to solve the mistery.And just one reminder - if you have a strange situation and not flying on-line, pause the FS and have a good look around. I know it's not very realistic, but for learning it is great.

At first i thought Paul was referring the button to bail out but later i said 'hey! thats a civil aircraft' biggrin.pngbiggrin.png