Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

Imp.War Museum, Duxford

Hi guys,I am suffering from the White texture (at the end of 24 and on the taxiway and ramp).This is truly an excellent scenery, and I am very grateful to the developers for all their hard work. I drive past Duxford twice a day on my way to work at London City, and always smile when I see the VC10 tailplane.I also get to visit Duxford once a year on my birthday (have been for the last 9 years) and there is always more to discover!ThanksNeil

beta.gif

I have just made a visit to Duxford and have realised that I don't have any AI traffic.I have run the AI installer (all the aircraft appear in my Aircraft folder) but there is absolutely no AI traffic regardless of what time I switch to.I have my AI slider at 100%, so this shouldn't be a problem.Where do I find the AFCAD for the scenery. In the airshow Scenery folder I only have Airshow_cars, Airshow_People, Airshow_tents and Fire trucks 1 and 2 BGLs.What am I doing wrong?Thanks for any help,NeilEDIT: In the ACG IWM Duxford FS9Scenery folder I have AFX_EGS2.bgl and AFX_EGSU.bgl. Shouldn't they be AF2 files for FS9?

beta.gif

Neil, the white texture you mention is due to a large sheet that some graphics cards don't like - it's fine on mine, Stevo's and the testers, but it seems to be affecting a small number of people from the large numbers of people who have downloaded so far. If you drop me or Stevo and e-mail, we can send you a smaller texture that will solve the problem.There is nothing wrong with the supplied AI packages. Have you enabled both the main scenery and the air show add-on in the scenery library and does the air show area sit above the main area as illustrated in the manual? Don't tamper with the AFX files, there is nothing wrong with them. AFX files have the same format as AF2 files but they are produced with Flight 1's AFX payware program that has many more facilities than AFCAD2, including the ability to convert between FS9 and FSX formats, something that AFCAD2 can't do.Simple check list for you:1. Both scenery areas enabled in the library and stacked correctly,2. Aircraft in FS9aircraft3. Duxford1.bgl traffic file in FS9sceneryworldscenery4. AI traffic set to on (at least 10%) but see the AI manual for the 3 different levels of visibilityHope that helps.John

Hi John,Thanks for your help with this one.I have followed your checklist, and it all seems correct (i have Traffic_Duxford1.bgl in the world/scenery folder.I deleted the default FS9 AI years ago. Could this cause a problem?I also have the traffic slider at 100%, but assume that as it is above 30%, it should display all traffic.Just tried again, and apart from the cool looking WW2 pilots, the ramp is empty (the spectators seem to be getting a bit bored :-))Sorry to be a pain, but it just won't work for me!ThanksNeil

beta.gif

I deleted my default FS9 traffic years ago too by removing traffic30528.bgl Neil, but no other files. No problem there if that's all you have removed. The historic aircraft should display at 100%, the only reason I suggested for not doing that is because it will let through some unrepresentative default aircraft, if you have 30528 present.Have you ensured that there are no other EGSU.bgl files in other add-on scenery taking precedence, especially AF2 files? UK2000 scenery is often the cause of conflicts. Try a Windows search as per the Duxford manual.

Hi,I have searched for 'EGSU' and 'Duxford', but it only came up with your files (I don't have any of the UK2000 airfields scenery, apart from the big airports).I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes a difference. I am getting AI everywhere else, just not at Duxford. Very mysterious.I'll have another go and report backThanksNeil

beta.gif

The other thing you can try Neil, is to switch off (uncheck) all 3rd-party scenery in the scenery library except for Duxford and see if the AI appears. Remember to re-launch FS9 though. If it does appear, that will tell you that there is a conflict. You can then switch on half the 3rd- party scenery and test again and use a process of divide and conquer to get to the offending scenery area.

AI problem has been solved.In the fs9.cfg file there is an entry hidden called IFROnly. I changed this from 1 to 0 and I now have AI.What a wonderful Airshow to watch. Almost like being there in person (minus the crashes).ThanksNeil

beta.gif

I've never noticed that before Neil, how on earth did you discover it? I assume that you couldn't see the AI because it's all on a VFR flight plan (unless you happened to switch the optional IFR file).John

I love this FS9 scenery and AI. I sit at the end of the runway with my modified Mobile Control Tower and watch and follow all the AI. I really enjoy it. My old computer system runs OK in FS9 but is too slow to enjoy the scenery and AI in FSX. Thanks, Bob.

Hey, guys - take a look here:http://www.simulators.dk/sim/forum_topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6658&FORUM_ID=5&CAT_ID=3&Forum_Title=Screenshot+og+video+forum&Topic_Title=Fremragende+dag+i+Duxford+Airport!&whichpage=1&tmp=1#pid37382

ldsigcr2.jpg

One of the best (FS9) sceneries I've ever seen in my many years of simming. Not only that but at last a scenery inwhich I could activate all my other vintage AI planes, including a Lancaster, a Viscount and an RAF Sea King SAR helicopter. It took a bit of fiddling with parking positions/codes/taxiways etc on both airfields but they perform well and do not disturb any of the other supplied AIs, nor their flight plans.just one small (now solved) problem though but that could be specific to my FS9 setup. The supplied AI Harvard and the P-47 Thunderbolt were both seen to be extremely unstable when taxiing, during which they kept disappearing. I could (sort of) influence this via their Moments of Inertia and empty weight values but could not completely solve their problems. In the end it became necessary to replace them with other separately downloaded AIs.It's great to just sit back and watch the show, just like the real thing.Hans

This is really a great scenery, but I found a small issue.I finally found some free time to explore it in detail. After visiting with the Wings of Power B-17, naturally I also wanted to visit in the Tu-154 and say Hi to the Display VC-10biggrin.png! (and also see If I can use the short runway with a fully loaded Tu-154) and then I discovered a small problem with the scenery.While here I couldn't switch off the avionics and electrics properly! Not only that, but since I installed the Duxford package I also found I couldn't switch off the avionics at other close by airports - including London City, Stanstead, Cramwell - where previously this problem didn't exist. This is a problem for me as I like to start my flight with a cold and dark cockpit, and more so as a cold and dark start up is a requirement for the PT Tu-154M.I managed to track down the problem to the Duxford AI planes - more specifically to the Sabre jet fighter in folder:ACG F86 Sabre AIin the aircraft.cfg file there's the following lines in the [electrical] section:******************************[electrical]max_battery_voltage = 24generator_alternator_voltage = 28max_generator_alternator_amps = 160electric_always_available = 1******************************Take note of the line:'electric_always_available = 1'This is the cause of the problem, it effects everything within the vicinity/active radius of the AI aircraft with the user unable to switch off the avionics.Delete or Change the line to:'electric_always_available = 0'and the problem is solved.I will email the authors to let them know about this.Now I can happily enjoy the Duxford scenery to it fullest and visit the displayed VC-10 and introduce it to the Tu-154!:gallery_158959_6_281952.jpggallery_158959_6_549113.jpgUsing almost all of the short runway, the Tu-154 can land here (its an entirely VFR affair, no ILS, NDB or VOR here, not even a VASI on RNW 6!), taxiing around is just about manageable.gallery_158959_6_182560.jpgRemarkably I also found that fully loaded she can take-off from the short Duxford runway. I thought that I may need to reduce the fuel load to around 50% for a take off. But there was no need. Plane used most of the runway but she did take off just fine:gallery_158959_6_277978.jpgIf the Tu-154M can take-off from here fully loaded - it makes me think she could also do it from London City Airport. Will have to try that some time.