Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

the letter "i" on your keyboard

accidently pressed it at night and it produced a sort of 'spotlight' in the dark "cold&dark" cockpit of the NGX. so very handy to look for the battery switch.Wasn't aware it existed but the same key didn't produce the same light in another aircraft nor could i find this key to be used via the controller (buttons) settings in FSX.Is it NGX specific?I must confess i have not yet consulted the RTFM about this, so hit me and insult me when i should have.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

well, i am not able to reproduce this anymore.I am puzzled.In retrospect i think i may have been toggling the emergency lights on/off with the "i" key but no idea why that was working yesterday and not today in a new session.was at LOWI, at the gate, in the dark, EasyJet NGX 700 (no WL).EZCA camera, LINDA running.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

OK, i have identified the key "I" as the one to toggle the smoke system in FSX.This produces a light (similar to the dimmed dome light) in the dark cockpit but only when the engines are running apparently.Apologies for the misinformation.

Antoine v Heck
---

'i' toggles the smoke system, which PMDG set as an extra light effect to get around some FSX limitation.

Kyle Rodgers