Sign in to follow this  
colang

Is it normal?

Yes but you can exceed it on request, I have flown jumpseat many times out of Heathrow and seen it done. Anyway, thread drift...Btw colang, do you have wake turbulence switched on?
Very often in Italy you can hear if there are restrcions on speed or not declared by Dep/App controllers, they inform Pilot on restricions quickly. Usaully is ' az1228 radar contact procced as cleared no restrictions on speed' Anyway pilots can ask to controller at anytime but If it doesn't sais you have to respect standar procedures, so 250kts under 10.000ft.Cheers,Francesco
Oh, I'm sorry, I added now in my signature.No, I don't have ASE, meteo was the standard FSX Fair Weather theme, and yes, turbulence is switched on but i think it cannot be the problem as the effect was really different.At the moment in which Autothrottle automatically switch mode from N1 to Speed or Level Change, it disengaged and plane put nose up almost vertically, like it would have commands locked at full range; no way to manually control the plane, all commands seems not have effect (and it exclude for me a temporary joystick spike).Only unusual thing I did was take off with IRS not fully aligned, in ATT mode (and consequently yaw damper off); beside this, the plane was correctly trimmed, flaps 5, and... whatever speed you want select in autopilot (v2+x or 240 or 250) it never had the chance to be activated as well as the autopilot.I exclude at 99% any hydraulic or pneumatic failure as before start I checked the "Service all" and "Clear all" in the failures section in FMC.Unless a 737 due to IRS misconfiguration can suddenly go vertical up to stall with locked commands, and kill 150 people without any advice message or sound to the pilot, i think I have a software problem.If you takeoff with this configuration does the plane become crazy in the same way?If yes we found a bug , if no I have to reinstall.Thanks for any ideas.Claudio Colangeli
Ciao Claudio... sei nuovo del Forum?Francesco( Rocca di Papa -ROMA- )

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Very often in Italy you can hear if there are restrcions on speed or not declared by Dep/App controllers, they inform Pilot on restricions quickly. Usaully is ' az1228 radar contact procced as cleared no restrictions on speed' Anyway pilots can ask to controller at anytime but If it doesn't sais you have to respect standar procedures, so 250kts under 10.000ft.Cheers,FrancescoCiao Claudio... sei nuovo del Forum?Francesco( Rocca di Papa -ROMA- )
Yes, almost new in forum;Replayed in private to avoid OT.

Noone will never take off with ONE IRS in ATT, you did with both... Yes, it is not part of the problem now, and you can still fly like an old plane using radios, but it is not supposed to take off with both or only one on ATT.Both must be on NAV.Apart of that, does your flight controls work correctly?

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The controls worked correctly during ground roll, rotation and initial climb.Apparently, at the moment of autothrottle mode switch from N1 to Speed, it disengaged and controls stopped working, like they were locked in full back position without any more effect on both pitch and roll.Studying a bit about IRS I found ATT mode is used only in case of some failure, and reading what you wrote I understand it's a mode not to be used in normal operation.So maybe I explored a "not to do in this way" zone of the software.I also read in this case the pilot should manually insert the heading in irs but i didn't find a way to do it, so maybe it's a non simulated feature, or a minor bug, or maybe both.

I would simply say that FSX went crazy hence the weird behaviour of the plane.

I think there should be a sticky for this:Don't touch the SPEED button.Sheesh.

Matt Cee

Just for curiosity, I tried to recreate the situation from scratch and see if the problem was repetable.Started form free flight, loaded 737NGX and KTNT airport, loaded cold and dark and performed startup without align IRS.The behaviour was the same.Opened a ticket to support attaching saved situation before takoff.If they can recreate the problem we have a little bug (maybe not so important, as the situation should never happen in real or simulated flight), if they can't I have a software problem and will try to reinstall.

I think there should be a sticky for this:Don't touch the SPEED button.Sheesh.
OH NOOOOO!!I pressed some button without labels and it automatically switched the sign in front of passengers from "No Panic" to "OK Panic" and all people started beat the lady in the front row to calm her.

After this thread I tried the autopilot after take off with both IRS in ATT, the plane goes crazy, if autopilot will be not disengaged immediately it will perform movements that also a UFO cannot do! and after few time it cannot be recovered also if AP will be disconnected.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

The law is 250 under 10K.
That's not a universal rule - at least in Sweden that doesn't apply. If you are flying IFR in class C airspace (in Sweden only class C and G are used) there is no such speed restriction unless explicitly stated in the SID and STAR for the airport. If you are flying VFR the 250 below 10,000 is indeed valid in class C airspace.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Sounds to me like this is another case of trying to engage the autopilot before the gear is up and locked... try and hand fly the airplane through accel height at least.. (It really is fun to actually fly the plane, rather than watch the computer fly the computer, thats flying the computer)... just follow the flight director through accel height, wait for CLB thrust, pitch down, trim off the pressure, engage CMD A+B and bring the flaps up slowly... have never had any erratic AP behavior, so I doubt its a bug.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

so I doubt its a bug.
Use the aircraft only with checklist will not revaeal a lot of bugs, going out of them will open a world of bugs.Examples?-Flight controls,-Autoslat,-fuel scavenge,-speedbrakes autorestow-IRS ATT functionJust to name some of them.They are bugs also if normally, using checklist, you will never see the effects of them.Just wait, I'll see a video and then you will understand that in this thread we are speaking of a bug.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Use the aircraft only with checklist will not revaeal a lot of bugs, going out of them will open a world of bugs.Examples?-Flight controls,-Autoslat,-fuel scavenge,-speedbrakes autorestow-IRS ATT functionJust to name some of them.They are bugs also if normally, using checklist, you will never see the effects of them.Just wait, I'll see a video and then you will understand that in this thread we are speaking of a bug.
lol - forgive me if im not able to read between the lines here. Your saying, that by operating the airplane opposite of its normal functions will cause it to function improperly... and its a bug? Your obviously doing something that the systems cant cope with or handle... even if the airplane is suppose to act according to your NG guide.. who is to say that its not just a limitation of FSX, rather than a bug... in that case, its an FSX bug, which PMDG can do little about.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Huh? Wow I must be flying wrong all these years. I am always at 250 knots already when reaching 10,000. Since when is flying 250 knots below 10,000 a bad idea?
Most area's I fly in, 250 kts speed restriction below FL100 is a common ATC restriction.Some (or most?) airlines also prohibit flying faster then 250 kts below FL100. One of the reasons is elevated risk of bird strike between ground and FL100.So: flying slower then 250 kts below FL100 is very normal.Bert Van Bulck

That's not a universal rule - at least in Sweden that doesn't apply. If you are flying IFR in class C airspace (in Sweden only class C and G are used) there is no such speed restriction unless explicitly stated in the SID and STAR for the airport. If you are flying VFR the 250 below 10,000 is indeed valid in class C airspace.
Myself and IVAO Sweden department don't agree with you sir.http://ivao.se/aboutAnd this chartAD 2-ESSA-4-7 (Stockholm/Arlanda STAR RWY01L/01R)states:Note 3: ACFT to Stockholm/Arlanda shall not operate at an airspeed of more than 250kts IAS below FL100 unless otherwise instructed.http://www.lfv.se/sv/FPC/IAIP/AD-0-4/AD-2/S1/all the SE charts...Also what you say about the 2 airpsaces in Sweden is just wrong.Look at thishttp://www.lfv.se/sv/FPC/IAIP/ENR-0-1/and look at the ATS Airspace Classification please.Bert Van Bulck