Sign in to follow this  
Can Acar

Help me setting up a computer.

Hi guys, my old PC's motherboard and video card were burnt so I'm not able to use it any more.So, I'm thinking of buying a new computer in a few days cause I'm getting crazy!My wishes are on AMD, but it may also be i7-2600K.I'm thinking AMD II X6 1100T. Anyone having this, please comment about it and tell me which video card, motherboard, etc. I should buy with.My budget is 1500-1600$.Thanks a lot! Appreciate your help!

Hi guys, my old PC's motherboard and video card were burnt so I'm not able to use it any more.So, I'm thinking of buying a new computer in a few days cause I'm getting crazy!My wishes are on AMD, but it may also be i7-2600K.I'm thinking AMD II X6 1100T. Anyone having this, please comment about it and tell me which video card, motherboard, etc. I should buy with.My budget is 1500-1600$.Thanks a lot! Appreciate your help!
With that kind of budget you could "build" a nice one. I am happy with my specs (in my sig). Only change i would make is:If you are using only for FSX, then go to a i7-2500K. If using for other games etc., then stay with the 2600k.Finally with that budget you could probably go with the GTX-580.As i said, this is for a self build, i don't know what a ready built would cost.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

with that budget and if you build it yourself you can get a top of the line system. I would stick with the I7, its easy to overclock as the multiplier is not locked. EVGA is prob the best for nvidia video cards- especially their factory overclocked cards are well worth it. Also get decent ram if youre going to push the system (ie overclock it). For the motherboard Asus is good. Also get at least a 850W power supply in case you decide to throw in multiple video cards at some point.

How about this specs?INTEL CORE I7 2600K 3.40GHz 8MB (VGA)1155p 396ASUS P8H67-V H67 DDR3 GLAN+HDMI+DSUB+SATA 16X 1574X2 GB DDR3 2000 MHz Cooler (HI-LEVEL)PALIT GTX560 (256Bit) 2GB GDDR5 DVI HDMI 16X 2821 TB SEAGATE 7200 NCQ SATA3 32MB ST31000524AS 74COOLERMASTER RC690-II KKA3 650W 198

H67 boards are not oc-friendly. Need to get a p67 or z68 motherboard

First of all, I would not get AMD. CPU's maybe ok, but AMD (ATI) graphics cards can be causing some problems in FSX.Also, do not get the i7 2600k, totally useless and much more expensive. The reason for the higher price is hyperthreading, which FSX cannot use (that's what I have been told).I would say get the i5 2500k.Get no more than 8 GB of RAM, because if you get more, it's just overkill and totally useless.For a graphics card, depends on what you need. A GTX560ti will perform great in FSX, but if you want to build your system for future purposes (X Plane 10, MS Flight), I would definately get the GTX580 from MSI or Asus or EVGA.A Z68 motherboard is great. I would get an Asus. I've got the Asus P8Z68-V Pro and I'm really happy about it. Running 4.5 GHz stable with no problems. For a HDD, I would get one for your OS (250 GB should be way enough), and another one for FSX (depends on how much space you need).If you look at my system specs, all those components are the cheapest I could find and they perform great. Especially the Corsair Vengeance RAM is great value for the price.

Guys do you have any idea about AMD FX 8150 which is 8cores and 3,6GHz?
HelloYes it is not very good

Allright, regarding the price, I would go on with i5-2500K. But what about the video cards? Do you think I should get 2xGTX560Ti or GTX590?2xGTX560Ti = is 150$ cheaper than GTX590.

As far as I know, you will not benefit much from a SLI configuration in FSX? I run a single evga GTX560ti with 2GB vram, im getting 30-60fps with the ngx in full hd and almost maxed sliders (: even in heavy clouds when i drop to around 30fps it's still very smooth.. you can see the rest of my specs in my signature (: I could most likely get more out of my system, but i have not felt the need to mess around with much overclocking yet.

What about the GTX580 which is 3GB/384 Bit?
If yo go for a 580, get the 1.5 GB

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.