Sign in to follow this  
Can Acar

Help me setting up a computer.

I could of used that a month or two ago,So there is no hope for ever overclocking H67?
No man, there's no way to overclock with a H67 board. Didn't you get the MSI P67 in the end?

I could of used that a month or two ago,So there is no hope for ever overclocking H67?
I think you can adjust the bclk a little bit on h67 boards (which isn't the right way to oc sandy bridge). I remember reading about something like that. It still won't go anywhere near as high as a p67/z68.

Just to be clear though. For FSX only, yes deffinately the 2500k is the best buy and will leave you around an extra $100 to use on something else. However, if you are going to use your PC for other purposes and games, then the 2600k is a good investment.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

OK, I will definitely go through with the 2500K, so what video card should I buy, the GTX590 or GTX580 or the 2xGTX560Ti's?

Of the 3 choices, I'd recommend the 580. 590 has 2 gpu's onboard. Neither that nor 2x560's in sli will benefit fsx. I'd only do that if you want to use surround for a 3-monitor vc.

OK, I will definitely go through with the 2500K, so what video card should I buy, the GTX590 or GTX580 or the 2xGTX560Ti's?
I've a GTX570 and its perfect!!.My rig:Win764,Asus P8H67, i7-2600k 3.4ghz (non oc), King 12GB, Palit GTX570+Ati2600HD, BWBlackCaviar 1TB, SSD64GB (for FSX) strongly recommended!Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

never buy the best card- get the one in second place

That or a 10krpm conventional. It'll improve load times and may reduce some stutters associated with texture loading.

Look at Falcon Northwest computers.......unreal
Now that's a rip off. Much worse than Alienware. $3000 for a P67 rig with an I5 2300, and they charge $1300 for stupid rain effects in the chassis. Wow

Thanks a lot Francesco, i'm gonna get WD 1 TB Cavi.Black 7200 64MB SATA3, is that a good one?
Hi, yes it is a good hd but I would suggest a SSD at least 128gb if you use a lot of commercial add-on. Regards,Francesco

Francesco Gatta
Managing Director / Media

Royaldutchvirtual.com

Dennis is right on.An SSD for the OS, and a Raptor, for FSX was the best for me. Not to mention the H80 Corsair CPU cooler.JFriz