Sign in to follow this  
jp1018

GPU Usage

I'd say 4GHz + dual core or 3GHz + quad core.Can't go wrong with an i5-2500K. Overclocks like a charm to at least 4.2GHz.

Yikes... Ok thanks. If I buy a new processor, it won't be till flight comes out.

It's still about time for Flight to take more advantage of gpu capabilities. Good time for MS to reevaluate things. "What aspects were good, and What needs to be better or changed?"

I would think that would just be a given. DX11 or OpenGL and multicore support along with 64bit support.
You would think so, but wasn't practiced very much before.

You mean practiced before DX11 was even coded?

You mean practiced before DX11 was even coded?
Pretty much,....... Yes!

So how do you code one piece of software before the foundation software is even in the planning stage? Or maybe you have no idea what you are talking about?

So how do you code one piece of software before the foundation software is even in the planning stage? Or maybe you have no idea what you are talking about?
Most likely...

How rude of you to insult me. :( It looked very possible based on the Nov. photo comparisons.

Sorry to resurrect an older thread, I have a gtx 480 SOC that is hitting 99% usage while flying pmdg 737ngx i have utx, rex, gex. The card rarely goes over 1gig memory usage altough i have 1.5gb available, My 2500k is clocked @4.5ghz and this rarely hits 75% usage. Is this normal ?? I feel my 480 is slowing me down.

I've never o'clocked either because I live in a warm climate so it's not worth the risk. I know you have to be reasonable about it if the climate happens to be doubtful. I've heard that serious o'clockers routinely expect to fry their chips, which may be want you want out of a fish store, but if you've spent several thousand dollars on your rig then you'll probably want to look after it.
'warm climate'???. What a pathetic excuse to not oveclock!I live in the pilbara...the town down the road, marble bar, has the world record for most days in a row over 100F (160!!!).I run an i7 at a 4.0Ghz everyday overclock.So toughen up and crank that baseclock. A small amount of smoke is normal. Actual fire - well, if that happens, just post here and we'll tell you what to do.:)Edit: ha, just realised this was a resurrected thread...So for the last poster - 99% sounds very high. My gtx570 doesn't get overstretched like you describe - but I'll still upgrade to Kepler when available, both for fsx pcie bus bandwith, and because new flight sims like Flight are certainly going to make better use of the card. Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

A small amount of smoke is normal. Actual fire - well, if that happens, just post here and we'll tell you what to do.
:(Yeah, just grab a ventilator and an oxygen mask and the smoke won't be an issue anymore.Just in case of fire just buy a small fire extinguisher and your fine.Better to stay on safe side when overclocking, mainly cause of the risk to burn some expensive pieces of hardware. Also the safety plays a role. A small steps approach is the way to get good results.

Flight is not CPU intensive. It will use your GPU to full advantage.That is one of the BIG differences between it and FSX.( It does not take advantage of SLI/Crossfire. One of the devs explained why very well.)Fred.

If only flight had an ATC, jets, a pro FMC and landing replays it would be tasty.

Edited by Mark II

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.